My G Wiz won't start

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
berkshireboatman

My G Wiz won't start

Postby berkshireboatman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 am

Hi There

I have just bought a 2006 DC G Wiz on Ebay. It was not running when I bought it, and the batteries were completely discharged, down to 3V per block, and the charger would not fire up.

I have now nursed the batteries up to full health, and the charger goes through its full cycle.

However I cannot get it to start.

I have done all the logical checks:

The doors shut, and you can hear a relay click when they do so.
The charger socket cover likewise.
In the first key position the warning lights come on, then go out, and the battery gauge shows full.
But turn the control switch to E or F, or R, depresss the throttle, and nothing.

Is there some master override switch or fuse I have not found.

Also how do you get the back seat out.

I do have some electrical knowledge, and can probably get the Curtis Controller checked out, but need to get at it.

I am based in the Oxford area, so too far to easily get it to Going Green. Are there any other experts locally.

Thanks

mattcarr

Re: My G Wiz won't start

Postby mattcarr » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 am

Hi, I used to own a Gwiz. I had an 07 AC version.

You say the batteries were in a bad state when you got it and you have managed to nurse them back to health? Do you know the full pack voltage after charging? It should be in the region of 50 volts. what might be happening is that the batteries are in such an un healthy state that as soon as the electronics power up the voltage plummets to below the voltage cut off for the controller - and this is why the car is just not moving.

Your best bet is to visit here http://gwiz.myfastforum.org/

This is a great site for GWIZ owners and there is alot of information to be read.

Try and get hold of the BMS software - this does require a computer with a serial port - but it will allow you to monitor each individual battery so you can see what it's voltage is.

berkshireboatman

Re: My G Wiz won't start

Postby berkshireboatman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks for that.

Yes I am fairly sure the batteries are OK. I have tested them with a constant current 25A discharge analyser, and they show 170Ah, which is around 80% of original capacity.

I will have a look at the G Wiz site.

Emrhys

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”