New UK designed electric van

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
Grumpy-b

Re: New UK designed electric van

Postby Grumpy-b » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:44 pm

In this weather , probably find the milk crates have frozen in the back and the brochures are with the flyers on what else they sell.

I still think it looks like a milk float.

Grumpy-b

MB

Postby MB » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Night Train wrote:Has anyone sucessfully dealt with Bluebird and bought a vehicle?

My partner's employer had been trying to replace their existing vehicle and Bluebird had a suitable vehicle. However, from there onwards Bluebird couldn't get hteir act together to quote for the vehicle they offered nor provide the information requested nor respond in a timely manner to queries.
They have given up on Bluebird and are looking to any other supplier for a vehicle with the option of refurbing the one they have.

The Bluebird electric van isn't officially launched yet. The company has been providing basic information and quotations to customers, so if you haven't been getting a response, send me a private message and I shall ensure the information is sent across.

However, the company hasn't been providing detailed technical information, for the simple reason that the vehicle hasn't been launched yet. If you ask any motor manufacturer for information on a vehicle they haven't released, you'll find that they won't provide it either. There are lots of reasons for this, including the need to have facts and figures independently checked and verified, as well as some information being confidential.

The Bluebird truck is to be launched this Spring and test drives using a pre-production demonstrator will be available in London this February. I've just joined the company, so I can make sure that information is available. You can either e-mail AskBluebird@BluebirdAutomotive.com, or send me a PM and I'll make sure information is sent across and that the relevant people get invited to try a pre-production vehicle, either in London or in South Wales, in the next couple of weeks.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

MB

Postby MB » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 pm

We're running test drives with one of our pre-production vehicles in London next week. If anyone wants to book a test-drive slot, you'll have to move because they're booking up fast. Drop me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you details.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:19 pm

MB wrote:We're running test drives with one of our pre-production vehicles in London next week.
That's great news, well done!
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

MB

Postby MB » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:52 pm

So far we've had a great response from prospective purchasers. The feedback we are getting on our truck is that people love the fact that it is obviously electric, rather than just an 'ordinary' white van, they love the fact that they can swap the batteries rather than park up whilst the vehicle recharges and they like the fact we have multiple variants of the vehicle - i.e. different ranges, different performance versions, as well as different cargo bays, to allow them to configure the truck to meet their needs.

Obviously I'm biased, but it is really exciting to be part of a project that is genuinely different and is doing something different with electric power.

MB

Postby MB » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Here is a short video of the truck in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC4Zi3Esiqo

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”