Pictures of my EV

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
duxuk

Pictures of my EV

Postby duxuk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm

I have posted the occasional description of my nearly on the road EV trike before. Would you like to see a photo? Unfortunately I can't find a way to post one here due to computational incompetance, but you could look in EV Albums. My trike is a Kirk EV nicknamed "Sparky". It is No. 1294. You could also find it in the garage section of rival EV forum DiyElectricCars.com. OK so I confess, I've been unfaithful and strayed to another forum, :oops: but I swear, it's the BVS forum that I truly love. I thought that it was neccessary to reduce weight and aerodynamic drag to a minimum, whilst carrying the maximum amount of battery. My initial tests have shown good performance (no drop in speed from 43mph on the level, when I climbed a 10% gradient, I just kept the throttle in the same position.), and range looks like at least meeting my target. What do you think?

Wilfried

Re: Pictures of my EV

Postby Wilfried » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:22 pm

duxuk wrote:My trike is a Kirk EV nicknamed "Sparky". It is No. 1294.

This one ? http://www.evalbum.com/3061
Wilfried EV Network 1940702

duxuk

Postby duxuk » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:51 am

Yes, thats it. It needs some paint and I have a few points to clear up after it failed MSVA, but I don't suppose many people have passed first time with a scratch built vehicle.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm

duxuk wrote:I have posted the occasional description of my nearly on the road EV trike before. Would you like to see a photo? Unfortunately I can't find a way to post one here......

Oh dear :( what appears to be the problem

You should just need to click the "Browse" button at the bottom of a new post, then locate your file i.e picture you want to show us, then add any text in the file comment box and lastly click the "add file" button, then finish off any thing else you want to say in the message body and click the submit button.

Do try an keep file sizes around 800x600 or it ends up being HUGE :wink:

ChrisB
Attachments
test.jpg
Test file upload
test.jpg (75.82 KiB) Viewed 23298 times
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:34 pm

What did you do as regards insurance? I was just wondering how easy it is to get insurance on a scratch built electric trike, as I am following you down that road.
Peter

duxuk

Postby duxuk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Peter,
I got my insurance from Adrian Flux. They also pose under the name of Bikesure as I discovered after a telephone merry-go-round, where one company passed me on to another before I ended up back where I started! I paid about £360 for unlimited mileage with recovery (which, of course, I will never need!!!!!!!!!!!).

I have now finished most of the MSVA failure points but just need to be very rigorous, since another failure would be a pain. The main thing was that I had fitted 2 motorcycle brake levers like a bike or a quad. A 3 wheeler is neither a 2 wheeler or a 4 wheeler which must explain why only a 3 wheeler can't have this. I've mounted the master cylinders in the foot well, built a brake lever with 2 rose jointed push rods and it seems to work OK. Not as well as previously, of course, but the law is the law thanks to the EU. (Who won the war?) It should be possible to do the retest the week after next when I will possibly ask Paul Jepson, a registration expert to do the rest. He charges £35 and it is, apparently money well spent. Do you have any photos or info. about your project, or are you not that far along yet?

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”