how do i persuade my employer to install a charging point.

Do you own or use a EV. Then this is a good place to discuss things.
subevo

how do i persuade my employer to install a charging point.

Postby subevo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 pm

as above are their any grants available etc i could use in an approach to management.(large biscuit manufacturer)

subevo

Postby subevo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:37 pm

good news.employer will fit a 16amp outside rcd protected socket for me to use.free of charge.excellant.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Excellent. Well done, subevo!

Will they let anyone use it, or only employees? If it's public, get it on the ev-charging network.
Tim Crumpton

gwing

Any info available?

Postby gwing » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just received an email from our lords and masters here saying that they are "looking at ways that we can incorporate environmentally "friendly" features into the new warehouse conversion ".

This seems too good an opportunity to waste getting external charging facilities included, particularly as I would need these to remain within range when our office moves there next year.

I'm new to this game, just picking up my Blingo tonight :D so I don't know what has already been produced. But do we have any sort of standard document available which sells the benefits of providing a charging point?

Rgds,
Rob.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 pm

There is a draft version of this document, which is going through review at the moment.

As soon as it is in a readable format, it will be posted in the members only section of the website (which is also under development)
Tim Crumpton

gwing

Postby gwing » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:05 pm

timpootle wrote:There is a draft version of this document, which is going through review at the moment.

As soon as it is in a readable format, it will be posted in the members only section of the website (which is also under development)

Thanks Tim. What does your crystal ball predict as a likely publication date for the doccie? I just need to decide whether to strike now while there may be an opportunity to get a charging point or to wait for ours to be produced.

Return to “Cars,Vans and other road vehicles”