foldable bikes with lithium batteries ?

Do you own or use or want to build a assisted bike then here is the place for you.
piratg

foldable bikes with lithium batteries ?

Postby piratg » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Most of the ones I've previously seen seem to be a ridiculous prices - just wondered if there was anything below 400 that wasnt moutaint bike i.e. with no high cross bar but more like one of those foldables you see.

MB

Postby MB » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:16 pm

To be honest, you get what you pay for with electric bikes.

Most of them are built using the very cheapest bicycle components and really aren't very good at all. I would avoid getting anything from eBay and go for a well known brand.

Well known brands means paying a bit more, but getting a much better bike. Powacycle, Urban Mover, Sakura and Powabyke are the well known brands of electric bike. Earlier Powabykes were pretty grim but their latest bikes do appear to be vastly improved. I haven't seen the Powacycle bikes recently - in the past they were okay, but you could do better. I know nothing of Sakura nowadays, although a quick glance through their web site suggests they've got nothing new.

I have had dealings with Urban Mover in the past. I used to sell them, and since I have recommended them to a number of people. You won't get anything for under £400, but you will get a good bike that will last you a long time.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

Return to “Electrically assisted bikes”