Surplus motor controller and charger

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
hi.tech100

Surplus motor controller and charger

Postby hi.tech100 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi,
I have recently joined BVS, see my intro, and have a surplus 5kw BLDC motor and controller for sale due to upgrading my buggy project to 10kw. It powered the buggy OK but only gave a 30mph maximum speed coupled with the original buggy CVT transmision.
The motor would be ideal for a larger motorcycle conversion It runs at 48 volts and on the buggy pulled about 50 amps on the flat.
I also have the charger for lead acid batteries which is a multi stage reverse pulse types for deep discharge.
i wanted at least another 10 mph for the ATV but this set up would probably power a motorbike to about 50 mph with the right gearing The maximum rpm is about 4200 under load. There is also regen braking option in the controller.
If I had more time I would find a suitable motorbike and convert it myself but there are only so many hours in a day
Also if anyone is interested I am willing to help with the set up of a new project, sorting pulley ratio's etc

Colin R

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”