Motorcycle is finished

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
movingturtle

Motorcycle is finished

Postby movingturtle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 pm

After a year and a half of futzing I finally have my motorcycle on the road. I started with a 1987 Yamaha FZ700 basket case. It was very sad then. But now it's smile mirrors mine as we cruz. It now has 48 volts and a top speed of 60 mph on the flat. Any one interested in seeing some pictures and a more detailed description can go here: http://www.chicoeaa.info/11-08-08_Meeting.html
I want to thank the Battery Vehicle Society web site for inspiration. Anyone that wants learn more about my experience with this project is more than welcome.
Phil :!:

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey Phil great to hear you have got your bike built. Pity I didn't know you were there I was just across the way over by I5 at Orland a few years back and popped over to Chico many times even with a Stage Coach one time!

My friend Susan was only just telling me that she'd seen some EVs at Chico Electric Cars the other day. 'fraid to say we'd usually roll into town in an F350 crewcab and half the time with a gooseneck Sundowner on the back with four horses and some sort of wagon. Not exactly sipping gas, though we did convert it to diesel. I'll have to ask if her and Jack are doing the parade again this year.

Would be good to hear of the other EVs round your way. Keep us informed, I for one would love to hear how you all get on. I know they were having a crackdown on the big SUVs when I was there.

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”