OXYGEN ELECTRIC BIKE

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
MalcolmW

Re: OXYGEN ELECTRIC BIKE

Postby MalcolmW » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:07 am

All working beautifully now. Many thanks for the help. The front suspension is better than it's ever been since I got the bike nearly three years ago, so I suspect the fork was almost dry even then.

I have acquired a Lepton service manual in PDF format from someone in Alaska. The Lepton is similar to the Cargo. In the end it didn't help with the forks, but it gives quite a bit of info about the wiring and other electrics. I'd be glad to make it available to anyone who would like it.

I also have nearly a litre of SAE 7.5 oil! If anyone needs some, let me know, as it's just sitting here on the shelf.
Malcolm
www.justonebill.info

Terry

Postby Terry » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:39 am

Hi Melcom
Glad to see you back on the road with the Electric Vehicle.
Terry Harding :D

MalcolmW

Postby MalcolmW » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Bike now sitting in the garage as the batteries have given out. I doubt anything can be done to resurrect them as they just lose charge very quickly. I can get only half a mile down the road before the bike cuts out.

So... what recommendations can people make for replacement batteries, and will I also need to get a new charger? The bike was originally fitted with 64AH nickel zincs, which were monstrous things. Terry Harding very kindly sold me some 40AH jobs at a very reasonable price and even made the 90-mile round trip to fit them for me. That was over two years ago, and the batteries have done me proud.

Those original batteries were so heavy that I dropped the bike a couple of times - just overbalanced while I was sitting on it while stationary! It also just wallowed around on the road. The smaller batteries transformed the bike's handling.

Does anyone have experience of 'silicon power batteries' which seem to be made in China? I can't see there's a UK importer. Other than that, I assume the alternatives are lead acid and lithium. I don't suppose lithium is a realistic price. My main objective is to get the bike on the road as cheaply as possible. I don't need a colossal range: 10-15 miles is ample.

Is the bike's charger likely to work with other batteries, or will I need a new one?

BTW, my knowledge of electrics is almost non-existent, so will the techies please be patient with me! All I want is a working bike via the easiest solution.
Malcolm
www.justonebill.info

MORT 666

Postby MORT 666 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 am

Hi i found on the internet about putting salt in old battery would revive them. :!:

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I think your thinking of Epsom Salt :wink:

TBH once a battery has come to the end of its useful life no amount of doping will bring it back.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”