Yamaha RD50MX project

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
evmotorcycle.org

RD50MX

Postby evmotorcycle.org » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 pm

Bike looks great Jeremy. Your engineering skills and attention to detail are something to behold! Would be brilliant if you get some video of it onto YouTube. >;)

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:25 pm

A (belated) update. Following the local vehicle licensing office inspection on 13th August, I was promised a V5 showing the correct vehicle details within a "couple of weeks".

8 weeks later a V5 popped through the door. Unfortunately, it's completely wrong. In addition to having the wrong engine number and fuel type, for some inexplicable reason DVLA have also changed the colour..............

Dealing with the numpties at Swansea is simply beyond belief. I first wrote to them requesting a change of details back in May. So far it's taken nearly FIVE months to get a V5 and what's now arrived is less accurate than the description on the original when I bought the bike.

I've no idea where to go now to get this resolved. I think all I can do is appeal to the DfT in the hope that they can tell DVLA to get their act together.

Jeremy

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Sorry the DVLA are giving you the runaround Jeremy. Do you think it would help to go back to your local DVLA office and just ask them for advice? You did mention that they were very helpful originally.

Any more photos of your bike?

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:53 pm

I think you're probably right, Malcolm, I need to trek back down to Bournemouth in the hope that the helpful people down at the LVLO will be able to resolve the problem.

What amazes me is the way that the colour has changed on the new V5, for no apparent reason. The way that they haven't made the changes requested, yet have managed to change something that wasn't requested, really makes you wonder about the integrity of their vehicle data base.

I've not had a chance to take any more pics lately, I'm afraid. I was away for much of September and have had to spend the last two weekends earning household brownie points (new boiler, loft insulation, new airing cupboard and presently redecorating a bedroom, with some garden tidying scheduled for next weekend to finish my "sentence"..........).

Jeremy

James Hubbard

Re: Yamaha RD50MX project

Postby James Hubbard » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Jeremy, I'm an electric bike addict near salisbury, where are you and fancy a pint?
James

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”