On street charging points

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
HEPPINSTALL

On street charging points

Postby HEPPINSTALL » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Does anybody in London (or in the LB of Greenwich) know the best way to get an on street charging point outside your house?

jonathan jewkes

Re: On street charging points

Postby jonathan jewkes » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm

I have some very old information about this. In 1997 I met a physicist called Simon Roberts who applied to install a charging post outside his (terraced) home. He did eventually get approval from Lambeth Council for the installation, although I am not 100% certain whether or not he actually installed it. But I do know that he and his wife did have an electric Peugot 106.

I know that to get approval of the design of the post and for the installation took a lot of negotiating between the council and London Electricity, and a lot of hassle about safety and security. It was going to cost him several thousand ££ !!

Simon did run a campaign under the name of "Capital Campaign for Clean Cars". I tried to google this today but nothing came up.

I hope that other forum members will have more up-to-date info. But if not, I could try to contact Simon for you. I have his personal contact details from 1997 - though of course they may be way out of date. However, if you PM me your contact details, I will write to Simon and ask if he would kindly get in touch with you.
Jonathan Jewkes
Daily EV user for 10years - an enthusiast and also a realist

Return to “Hot off the press....”