Who Killed The Electric Car showing Tuesday night

Got a hot news story concerning EV's, be it on the TV, Radio or seen it in the press, then share it with us here.
electricmini

Who Killed The Electric Car showing Tuesday night

Postby electricmini » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:10 pm

For those who have access to More4
(cable/satellite/freeview)

tomorrow night (Tuesday 31st)

Who Killed The Electric Car

is showing at 10pm

Just a "heads-up!"

Richard (electricmini)
Supra EV Conversion project
http://www.supralectrix.com/ElectricSupra.html

retepsnikrep

Postby retepsnikrep » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 am

The EV1 was brilliant and this film just depresses the hell out of me :(

I would have bought one tomorrow had they been available.

It could have saved GM, and had they persisted with it they would be 10 years ahead of all the other US car makers now.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

FlossyThePig

Postby FlossyThePig » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:31 am

I've only watched the film on a small window on my PC but one thing I don't think was mentioned was the unit cost of each car. The film is a good example of the conspiracy genre and presents its one sided argument well.

Hindsight is a wonderful design tool but a lot has happened in the last ten years. It wasn't long ago when Hummers ruled the roads in the USA because of the tremendous tax incentives.

The current Honda hydrogen fuel cell cars and the electric Minis are only being leased. What will happen to them if they are deemed to be commercially unviable?

marktime

Postby marktime » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:07 am

It could have saved GM, and had they persisted with it they would be 10 years ahead of all the other US car makers now.

There was a comment in the news yesterday about Barack Obama giving GM and Chrysler a really hard time but it was also pointed out that there has been legislation in the states that manufacturers should make cleaner cars there is effectively zero incentive for Americans to buy them!!

MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

Return to “Hot off the press....”