Retro Fit Batteries from LiFeBATT

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
ChopperMan

Retro Fit Batteries from LiFeBATT

Postby ChopperMan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi All,

I have been working with the factory to develop a modular pack system for LiFeBATT cells that will allow me to build up packs in the UK for any electric vehicle.

In order to test the theory it would be a great help to me if owners of the Berlingo, City El, Twike, G-Wiz, Enfield, C5, Milkfloats and or any other vehicle, would provide some measurements and any other info about their vehicle I should be aware of.

I appreciate this list of questions is quite big and I don't expect everyone to be able to answer them all, but any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.

Vehicle Info/Performace
Vehicle Make/Model -
Gross Vehicle Weight -
Top Speed -
Standard Range -
Average Wh per mile -

Battery Info
Current Battery Chemistry -
Total Voltage -
Total Capacity -
Max Amp Draw from controller -
Battery Space Length X Width X Height -

Charger Info
Charger Onboard or Off -
If Onboard how much space -
Expected Charge Time -

If there are any other questions you think I should be asking, please don't hesitate to contribute.
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

ChopperMan

Re: Retro Fit Batteries from LiFeBATT

Postby ChopperMan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:07 pm

ChrisB and I have been discusing the Berlingo elsewhere on the forum so I will add the info we have acumulated so far....

Vehicle Info/Performace
Vehicle Make/Model - Citroen Berlingo Electrique
Gross Vehicle Weight - 1.5tons
Top Speed - 65mph
Standard Range - 60 miles
Average Wh per mile - 500wh (I think)

Battery Info
Current Battery Chemistry - Nicads
Total Voltage - 162V
Total Capacity - 100Ah C3
Total Battery Weight - 345Kg (I just added this question :) )
Max Amp Draw from controller - 400Amps
Battery Space Length X Width X Height - 5 separate crates

Charger Info
Charger Onboard or Off - ON
If Onboard how much space - Intergrated with speed controller
Expected Charge Time - Full charge in 7hrs

Notes

Energy Meter - It's possible that the energy meter will re-adjust to the new batts after a while as it does this already when new Nicads are added.

Existing Charger - The charger is totally integrated into the controller, but there is a fast charge set of connections which could be used and this may keep the controller within spec and it understanding what's what to a degree.

Pack Voltage - Voltage span of LiFeBATT's is within the Nicads range.

Other Problems - There is still the issue of the controller and how we fool that into not trying to shut down the van due to a number of things from coolant pumps not now needing to be running and odd battery temps, not to mention the fact the charge now wouldn't be going through the controller !

Thanks for your help with this.

Cheers,

Ian
Electric chopper ebike with PUMA motor (1.2kW) and 36V 20Ah LiFePO4 batteries. 23 mph & 20 mile range with no peddling (Sorry, what are peddles for?).

LiFeBATT UK Distributor

www.lifebatt.co.uk

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:24 pm

Ian I've edited your post about the blingo data to include as much as I know for you.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

martinwinlow

Postby martinwinlow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi,

My requirements for my upcoming conversion are as follows:-

Vehicle Info/Performace
Vehicle Make/Model -
Daihatsu Hijet
Gross Vehicle Weight - 1.5T
Top Speed - 60
Standard Range - 25 miles 80% DOD
Average Wh per mile - ?

Battery Info (I don't have one yet)
Current Battery Chemistry - n/a
Total Voltage - n/a
Total Capacity - n/a
Max Amp Draw from controller - 500A (belktronix.com)
Battery Space - not critical but ideally less than 900L x 500W x 300H (mm).

Charger Info (belktronix.com)
Charger Onboard or Off - on
If Onboard how much space - 300W x 300L x 100H (mm)
Expected Charge Time - 8Hrs

Thank you. MW

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Martin,

Have you decided on a motor for your project? Also, what is the nominal voltage for your battery pack?

We provide a complete battery, BMS and charger system. Once I have the above info I can provide some estimates for the battery configuration.

Many thanks,

Ian

LiFeBATT UK Distributor

www.lifebatt.co.uk

martinwinlow

Postby martinwinlow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Ian,

I have the motor already, it's a Netgain Impulse 9".

System volts 120V but if you are supplying the charger then it could probably go down to 100V but I reckon I'll need a pack with about 15kWH capacity to get the range I'm looking for.

Martin.

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi Martin,

The Netgain Impulse 9 motor is very nice, but I believe it's at its most efficient at high voltages 144V, with a max voltage of 170.

For your 60mph requirement, you might need 144V if the vehicle is fully loaded and when it's not you could have a very quick van!

We do a 144V 10Ah (159.4V Nominal) module that can be connected in parallel to give you any range pack you needed. This system also makes it easy to extend the range at a later date.

6 X 14410-HPS modules in parallel will give you an 8.1kWh pack and at 300Wh per mile 32 miles range to 100% DOD. Total weight approx 165kg with charger and each module is 546mm long X 182mm wide X 207mm high.

Depth of discharge is kind of irrelevant with LiFeBATT cells and as they were designed with 100% DOD in mind and are guaranteed for 3 years or 1,500 cycles. Testing has shown duty cycles in excess of 2,500 cycle to 80% of original capacity.

We also do 96V (105.6V Nominal) and 108V (118.8V Nominal) systems or we could build up your pack form a series string of 12V modules in either 60, 80 or 120Ah modules. The new modules are very flexible. So if you like give me a call to talk it through. 01268 774415.

I hope this helps, as for prices please call.

Cheers,

Ian

LiFeBATT UK Distributor

www.lifebatt.co.uk

Return to “All things battery related”