Found this supplier of LiFePO4 12v packs

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
nino500

Found this supplier of LiFePO4 12v packs

Postby nino500 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi, I haven't posted on here for a while as I had to sell up and postpone all hobby type stuff for a few years. Turns out kids need food...who'd have thought?

Anyway I was having a trawl through the interweb to see how things had changed and I found this site
http://www.deben.com/lithium-phosphate- ... 2568B.html

Even though they're expensive and limited at the moment to a 24ah 12v (nominal) unit. They are in the UK and those batts have internal BMS and each one comes with its own charger.

I mailed them to see if they were thinking of introducing some bigger capacities or if their prices might be coming down as take-up increases. Here's their encouraging reply:

Hi Antonino,

We indeed are looking to bring in the following higher capacity batteries:

12v 40Ah - £389.00 – Feb 2013 delivery
12v 80Ah - £795.00 – Feb 2013 delivery
24v 20Ah – NOW IN STOCK - £389.00

All prices include chargers and VAT.

Regards

nino500

Re: Found this supplier of LiFePO4 12v packs

Postby nino500 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:47 am

Ok, as a follow up, I replied thus:

Sounds very promising. The 40ah X4 would be ideal for my bike and the 80ah would suit a car which will be coming along in a year or so. I hope you won't mind if I pass on your reply to the Battery Vehicle Society's forum. Would there be any hope of bulk 'group buys' acheiving some discounts on these products? Eg. If we could find 3 builders who wanted 6-8 80ah batts each?

And got this back from Deben:

These are the best prices I am able to offer, we have a small shipment due in February – if you have a requirement of say 6 – 8 units I would need confirmation when possible as it is expected all will be sold before they arrive! We are trying to increase the number but it is likely to be dated later in 2013…

Thank you for thread on the battery forum; let’s hope interest will be shown.
Thanks again
Jamie.

I have to say it's refreshing to find a supplier, in this industry, who is so easy to communicate with (I must stress, I have no connection with this company), when so many seem not to care whether their potential customers live or die. However, it still works out a bit pricey for me (I might be able to stretch to 4X40ah for a motorcycle, next year).

If you're building a new vehicle, though, it might be well worthwhile (especially with the UK back-up).

GregsGarage

Postby GregsGarage » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm

For a traction pack you need to know if their batteries can be stacked and how many in series and parallel are allowed. I suspect that their bms wasn't designed to be stacked and so they may not be suitable. Also find out what the maximium current ratings are.
Greg Fordyce

Daewoo Matiz
http://www.evalbum.com/4191

nino500

Postby nino500 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Yes, all very good points and they're still a way off the mark, pricewise, even then.
I was just hoping they might be going to start importing the sort of stuff Elite Power Systems do. We could do with someone like that in the UK.

Return to “All things battery related”