battery options?

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
subevo

battery options?

Postby subevo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:23 pm

my first set of trojans 6off scs225 130ah flooded jobs lasted 3000miles.cost £1200
second set of ranger 125ah so called equivalents lasted 1200miles cost £700

now looking at 100ah 72volt lifepo4 last time i checked around 6 months ago cost £3000inc bms. had a quick look and can be had for around $3000 from usa .

any fuel cells available yet? a guy on the shetland isles has a fuel cell reva g-wiz

anyone have any thoughts.im not impressed with lead acid.range seems to diminish after a few months of use.
Last edited by subevo on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisB

Re: battery options?

Postby ChrisB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Sounds like your way exceeding the specs on the lead acids................which is fairly normal when you put them in an EV and hence your high failure rate :cry:

Just goes to show how good the trojans actually are for you to push 3k from them.

Have no idea if this is worth a punt but I'm considering an interim set from these folk http://www.secbattery.com/sec_industria ... 10249.html
for my little scooter, I was speaking to one of their distributors at the greenpower races today and greenpower have chosen them for next years batteries for the races. They appear to offer very good value??

I've looked at Lith's but still cant quite find what I'm after in a plug and play package at a price thats within budget, so I may give these a go for a year and allow the tech to catch up and possibley get cheaper ??

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “All things battery related”