EV Charger Maps

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
Kevin Sharpe

Re: EV Charger Maps

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 pm

KarstenLMS wrote:But this number of 610 charging stations is definitely outdated, does anybody know where I can find a more recent number of charging stations
OpenChargeMap lists 1012 locations in the UK today.

OLEV/Cenex do publish figures to the industry but they are known to be widely inaccurate.

IMO you'll have to visit the Charging Station vendors websites and take a view on what they say regarding numbers deployed :wink:
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

KarstenLMS

Postby KarstenLMS » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 am

Kevin Sharpe wrote:
KarstenLMS wrote:But this number of 610 charging stations is definitely outdated, does anybody know where I can find a more recent number of charging stations
OpenChargeMap lists 1012 locations in the UK today.

OLEV/Cenex do publish figures to the industry but they are known to be widely inaccurate.

IMO you'll have to visit the Charging Station vendors websites and take a view on what they say regarding numbers deployed :wink:
Sorry for my late reaction.

Thank you for your help, I personally think that these 1012 locations aren't all charging stations placed in the UK. That's the 'big' problem with this, nothing's registered and that causes inaccurate figures.

Contacting the vendors is the next option, but the problem is they won't just tell you how many charging stations they placed..

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Hmmm... Now late March 2014 and http://openchargemap.org/site/ shows 2893 sites.

I'm not in total disagreement to the previous poster because as far as I'm concerned, Chargemaster(baitors) are about to charge a kings ransom to charge. To fan the fire, most of their posts are switched off, broken. They are or so totally untrustworthy, we can remove them for fear of getting stranded.

We can also discount the "Best Buy" stores because they went out of business many years ago now.

What is also griping me are most of the above chargers are either 10 or 32Amp. This does not rate as fit for travellers unless you are riding an e-bike or kipping overnight. the other side of the argument is for the home-built. Who here can use Chademo, three phase on the type-2 plug or CCS?

Return to “All things battery related”