Battery Database for EVs

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
qdos

Battery Database for EVs

Postby qdos » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:07 am

Here is a spreadsheet I found online posted by a young EV enthusiast who seems to be pretty switched on. I've no idea about the accuracies but maybe you might be able to help out?

This is a spreadsheet I have compiled of assorted batteries suitable for EV use. It lists brand, model, voltage, capacity, density, and on some even cost and dimensions. Additions and changes are occasionally made. If you have any additions, suggestions, or questions, feel free to contact me. Also, If you would like a copy of the spreadsheet in Excel format, OpenOffice format, PDF, or almost any other format, send me an email and I will e-mail you the latest copy in the format of your choice.

The guy's website is at Green Indiana

The database is at Google Spreadsheets

Like I say I don't know about the accuracies but I thought it was worthwhile posting something here about this as there's so much talk about batteries and comparisons of data that goes on when 'EVers' meet up. I thought it is probably worthy of putting a link in to the forum. This chaps website seems to be well thought out and structured to me I think it worth a look. 8)

The guy is American so obviously there's prices in US dollars and there may be a few other differences to what is available here but it must be worth a look.

bmk789

Postby bmk789 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:13 am

Hi,

I created the battery spreadsheet mentioned above. I took all battery information directly from the manufacturer's website. Unless they have recently changed the specs, the numbers should be accurate. The prices listed are probably not accurate, since they were last updated a couple months ago. If anyone found an inaccuracy, or found more batteries to be added, I would greatly appreciate it if you sent me an e-mail or contacted me another way.

Contact info

Thanks,
Brandon Kruger

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:58 am

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time out to call by our forum and tell us! It's very useful to know the validity of an Internet resource.

Perhaps someone could put a column in to provide UK prices? Straight forward translation doesn't always work since British prices do tend to be higher than US ones.

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:58 am

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time out to call by our forum and tell us! It's very useful to know the validity of an Internet resource.

Perhaps someone could put a column in to provide UK prices? Straight forward translation doesn't always work since British prices do tend to be higher than US ones.

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:11 am

bmk789 wrote:Hi,

I created the battery spreadsheet mentioned above. I took all battery information directly from the manufacturer's website. Unless they have recently changed the specs, the numbers should be accurate. The prices listed are probably not accurate, since they were last updated a couple months ago. If anyone found an inaccuracy, or found more batteries to be added, I would greatly appreciate it if you sent me an e-mail or contacted me another way.

Contact info

Thanks,
Brandon Kruger

Fantastic Brandon! I was pretty impressed with your site too It would be great to have you keep us informed as to how things are going over there in the US. We like to hear about anything remotely related to Battery and Electric Vehicles so the more contributors we have on board the better :) Not sure if you know the forum here is part of the Battery Vehicle Society who's website is here

www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk

Would love to know how your conversion is going along and any more technical data such as your database too.

tomw

Postby tomw » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:04 am

Nice collection of data, thanks! You might add a comment as to what current draw the rated capacities are given (20 Amp is common, but not all use it). A date that the prices were current would be nice, but it is easy to go to the supplier's website and check. It would be really great if the Peukert coefficient was given also, but they are difficult to get. What's the deal with Dyno batteries huge capacities? Are these for marine applications and not designed for traction use?

Tom

Return to “All things battery related”