El of a return

Own the fantastic City El trike ?
This is an area for you to hang out in.
Gareth Covell

El of a return

Postby Gareth Covell » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:27 pm

After being fixed at the city-el weeked my 1999 el is now back with me in Hereford. A few minor things need sorting, and I need those all important batteries. Anyone herd of Dynasty DCS-100L type? I can get some cheap.
So, many thanks to all those who took part in the city-el weekend and in particuler to Nikki for organizing it, as well as John Honniball and Andreas Schroeer for their electronic genius in finding the fault. :D
1999 City-el

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:42 pm

good to hear from you Gareth I think we were all as chuffed as you were when it was all fixed thanks to the amazing team work. I can tell you we were all as happy as you when you came back from your first little run in the El with that huge grin on your face.

Let us know how you are getting on and I hope you get some batteries :D

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi Gareth,

It was great to see you on Saturday. Hope the manual is going to be of use too. Don't forget to buy a Torque Wrench. You'll save yourself so much time and money!

Sorry I didn't get around to switching the throttle switch for you but hopefully the car is nearly ready to get on the road. I also should have mentioned that I felt the wiper switch may need some work as it seemed a bit reluctant sometimes to work while it was here. (I ran the car every few days to make sure it kept going)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

Gareth Covell

Postby Gareth Covell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi, I now have some new springs. Do'nt know how much to cut off the old ones yet, any ideas on this? The manual is great, thank you Nikki :D
1999 City-el

anachrocomputer

Postby anachrocomputer » Tue May 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Glad that we were able to fix it! The faulty part that I replaced, just in case anyone was wondering, was a surge-protection diode. The original had shorted and was blowing fuses.
1994 Suzuki Cappuccino
1992 Mini-El electric bubblecar

Return to “City El”