I have made my own power but not at the moment

Do you make your own power ? be it Solar or Wind. Then this is a place for all home energy chat.
2e0bax

I have made my own power but not at the moment

Postby 2e0bax » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:49 pm

First of all hello to all and what a wonderful thing to be interested in. Im now looking into electric vehicles for 2 reasons and 1 being i like electricity and 2 the price of oil is now crazy.
Here is my homepage http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.amesbury/homepage.htm

Im also a radio ham and my username is my call sign oh i have a web site for that http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.amesbury ... 2e0bax.htm wonder if any EV owners live near me in Macclesfield? Sean

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Sean and welcome to the BVS forum. I'm sure you will find there's people very near by you but a good place to start might be the upcoming Northern meeting in Mansfield which is not too far away from you and I'd definitely recommend to people. See the main site for details. under Local meets

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:37 am

Hi Sean.

I'm near Manchester airport and the Romper pub.

Tim Strutt is another Berlingo owner up in the hills near Leek and Buxton.

Hopefully we will get a local meet soon, but Mansfield on the 16th will probably be first.
Tim Crumpton

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi Sean

Love the washing battery idea, although as you have found its not that great to recover sulphated cells :cry:
Quite often just a very long and a very slow charge will cure all but the most dead batteries, unless its a plate short of course.

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

2e0bax

Postby 2e0bax » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:21 pm

You can get pulse chargers that help to break down the sulphation and i think i saw a couple diagrams built around a small chip called 555 timer. The idea of washing was to try and remove the short that occurs at the bottom of the cells...oh well worth a try. Im sure you people are more up on all that than i am, i tend to experiment with things.
All noted on Mansfield but if i dont make it i would be looking out on other meetings. I would love an electric car but im skint just for a change!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:54 pm

2e0bax wrote: i tend to experiment with things..........

Tis always good to experiment, if you dont try it you dont know 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Home Energy Area”