41.3p per kwh sell back

Do you make your own power ? be it Solar or Wind. Then this is a place for all home energy chat.
floydster
Site Staff

Re: 41.3p per kwh sell back

Postby floydster » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm

ChrisB wrote:For those who arnt aware of this little gem

New-build properties fitted with solar panels will receive a lower tariff of 36.1p per kWh generated.

Taken from HERE
http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/n ... 0_010.aspx
ChrisB

Maybe I'm missing something but why less for new builds? Surely the gear and installation still costs the same?

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I was wondering this as well, but as I'm not doing a new build it doesnt worry me :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Just thought I'd mention that, as existing generators we will only get 9p per unit until 2027! :(
This figure is set to remain at that level regardless of future increases in price of electricity. :(

We have encouraged others to also generate their electricity and regularly have people round to have a look at our system. Since the announcement of FITS they all ask when they will start making a profit and how long is payback time etc.
We are unlikely to ever make a profit (in our lifetime that is as we've been around a long time already!).
The fact that our Government should have been encouraging micro-generation several years ago as they have in other countries is obviously irrelevant. A bit peeving for us but not exactly unexpected.

Our system continues to work fine. We generate enough for ourselves and for another household with their renewable electricity via the National Grid. :D
Proven 6kW Wind Turbine
3.8 kW Solar PV

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Hypothetically speaking, wouldn't it be better to do it at night on economy 7 ?

Mind you if the meter had timestamped data, it might be a give away getting so much solar power at night ;-)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:41 pm

clnbrtltt wrote:Just thought I'd mention that, as existing generators we will only get 9p per unit until 2027! :(
This figure is set to remain at that level regardless of future increases in price of electricity. :(

I cant beleive your as calm as you are about this, I'd be positively livid about this news if I'd just spent out on a new system recently.

It seems just heartless that they all the folks who have cough up dosh to install systems and helped "spread the word" have now basically been pooped on from a great height by the gov. :cry:

ChrisB

clnbrtltt

Postby clnbrtltt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks for the support Chris. :D

We are disappointed but what is the point of getting irate.

We have written to our MP about it and he has shown his support by signing EDM 953 relating to the poor support given to existing micro-generators.

That's about all we can do really.
Proven 6kW Wind Turbine
3.8 kW Solar PV

Night Train

Postby Night Train » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Seems like Tesco's is getting in on the act.

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 am

Until recently couldn't you get grants for PV installations, whereas now you don't get grants but get a higher feedin tariff? Why should an installation get both?

Also aren't new builds zero-rated for VAT and potentially lower cost even without VAT due to economies of scale, so why shouldn't a new build attract a lower rate compared to an addition to an established home on which VAT has to be paid?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:41 pm

Good point Tim, forgot about the grants the early adopters got, mind you when I looked into it by the time you used the "reconised" installer, best part of any savings that where made got gobbled up by them :roll:

ChrisB

mab

Postby mab » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:08 pm

The cynic in me feels that this is a way for gov't to give money to people who are already relatively wealthy but not interested in the environment (i.e. they've got lots of roofspace, and spare cash lying around (like your average MP for e.g.)), whilst avoiding giving money to people who have already installed PV for environmental reasons.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile for poeple who have an existing system to sell their systems component parts and use the cash to buy a system that's eligible for the tarif. Probably not. :(

Or, find an approved installer who's willing to 'install' a system using parts you 'supply'? :wink:

I was thinking of doing the course myself, but it's not cheap (i'm a sparky btw).

mab

Return to “Home Energy Area”