Somewhere to charge in Edinburgh?

General BVS related area
EVan

Somewhere to charge in Edinburgh?

Postby EVan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:37 pm

I'd like to plug my car in somewhere in Edinburgh, on Monday. Can anyone lend me a driveway or know of somewhere I could access a 13 or 16A socket?

Cheers
Evan
Last edited by EVan on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:46 pm

Evan, what time were you thinking of ? I am about 12 miles West of Edinburgh if that's any good, and could get some time in the afternoon to help.

EVan

Postby EVan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the offer. I was hoping for something within easy cycling distance (or short bus ride) of the centre, so that I could leave it charging while we go shopping :)
12 miles is a bit far, as in that case I can leave the car at Inverkeithing and get the train the rest of the way (about the same distance) as I normally do.
Cheers
Evan

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:00 pm

EVan wrote:Hi Chris,
Thanks for the offer. I was hoping for something within easy cycling distance (or short bus ride) of the centre, so that I could leave it charging while we go shopping :)
12 miles is a bit far, as in that case I can leave the car at Inverkeithing and get the train the rest of the way (about the same distance) as I normally do.
Cheers
Evan

Sorry about that.
There's an excellent train service from Kirknewton/North Livingston or South Livingston to Edinburgh, all within shouting distance, and I'm home all day and don't mind giving you a lift both ways if that helps you more.

I'll ask about some friends in Edinburgh to see if they can help you on Monday too.

Chris

EVan

Postby EVan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks for the offer though!
Looks like the trip is off anyway for Monday but it'd be really handy to know somewhere central to charge up, so if you hear of anything I'd appreciate it, cheers.

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:26 am

This is a good illustration of the use the EVNetwork can be put to. If you've not put your names down on it why not register. :)

http://ev-network.memberlodge.org/

It's FREE !

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:42 am

EVan wrote:Thanks for the offer though!
Looks like the trip is off anyway for Monday but it'd be really handy to know somewhere central to charge up, so if you hear of anything I'd appreciate it, cheers.

No problem, at least you know you can ask, especially should you ever feel like risking the Almondvale shopping centres 1 mile from here !

EVan

Postby EVan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 am

qdos wrote:This is a good illustration of the use the EVNetwork can be put to. If you've not put your names down on it why not register. :)

It's FREE !

I have already battled with the interface of that thing on several previous occasions. It's not surprising there are only two locations in the database for Scotland, one of which is my own. I actually had 3 or 4 to enter, and tried to do so, but for some reason you are only allowed one.

So it's more an illustration of what a pity we don't have a decent usable and accessible list of charge points ;)

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:33 am

Hmmm maybe Nikki can have a word with the owner of the site as I know she has some contact with him. He might even be listening in to this thread!! ;)

There is another way which I'm using but probably best not to mention it at the moment but we are hoping to improve things as soon as we are able to but there's a few hurdles at the moment that need getting over. Stick with us though as you can see the forum is at least one means of communicating with other EVers. How about someone volunteering to co-ordinate a local group or 2 for Scotland or any other regions. We can put you in the regional groups on the main site.

Please feel free to drop the forum moderators a line if you would like to contribute! :)

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:26 pm

EVan wrote:
qdos wrote:This is a good illustration of the use the EVNetwork can be put to. If you've not put your names down on it why not register. :)

It's FREE !

I have already battled with the interface of that thing on several previous occasions. It's not surprising there are only two locations in the database for Scotland, one of which is my own. I actually had 3 or 4 to enter, and tried to do so, but for some reason you are only allowed one.

So it's more an illustration of what a pity we don't have a decent usable and accessible list of charge points ;)

Must admit I've found the EV network interface to be hard work as well, so your not alone, pretty sure theres no hope of anyone whos slightly non techy getting there details on there :(

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “General”