New logo anyone?

General BVS related area
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:30 pm

Just realised that I hadn't commented on this forum thread when I had intended to.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I actually like the current blue and white logo. It is simple. It does what it says on the tin. And I think it would look good on t-shirts, or badges or whatever.

;-)

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:20 pm

SaintMaryUK wrote:Just realised that I hadn't commented on this forum thread when I had intended to.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I actually like the current blue and white logo. It is simple. It does what it says on the tin. And I think it would look good on t-shirts, or badges or whatever.

;-)

Mary.

Quant as it is, the car with batteries is something I am trying to include in my battery balancer....eventually I hope to make the car scroll along the screen dragging some battery pack information behind it !

Badger

Postby Badger » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Whilst many of you may not like the logo enough have you considered the value in the length of time it has been out there for people to visually associate the logo with the society this surely has to be the most valuble reason to have a logo. do you really want to start from scratch in this regard.Also, as for it being technically incorrect becuase of new technoligies surely that is now part of our heritige, where it all came from, our/your roots.
nothing stronger in my opinion.
you are more possible than you can powerfully imagine.

www.woodrum.co.uk

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Almost wish I hadn't brought this up now.

Yes, I agree completely. Heritage is very important, and I personally don't see any reason to change things just for sake of it.

I just had a look at your website Badger and I can see that you appreciate good design. Without wanting to offend anyone, I don't think the BVS logo is a well-executed design. I just felt that if the logo were ever to be updated then now would be a good time to do it, as interest in electric vehicles is taking off. I can also see that the existing logo has a certain charm and that a lot of people are attached to it, so I'll keep my aesthetic opinions to myself in future :)

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Don't hide, Malcolm! Debate is good, but we should remember that the logo belongs to the society, not the forum.

I fear members without internet access are missing out on a lot that is going on here. If we did manage to come to a consensus here(!), the AGM is where a real decision would be made.

So yes, keep on with the suggestions.

(The old logo is growing on me. I was quite anti to begin with, but have been seeing a lot of it recently, and got used to it.)
Tim Crumpton

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 pm

The forum is a good place to facilitate discussion and is much more acessible than the AGM or other meetings as you can access it anywhere anytime. There's several people who've said how about a different logo and there's been some great ideas for discussion too I'm sure there's plenty more out there so if anyone has them please don't feel you are not allowed to offer them up for discussion.

In reply to Chris re what's my idea for the BVS logo I don't actually have one but I'll happilly show you the logo for the EV we've been working on at the Show in May but till then sorry I can't show anyone that

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Malcolm,

I agree with Qdos and Tim. Good to hear your thoughts, and good to have discussion :-)

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

MB

Postby MB » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:09 am

There is a way of keeping the old and the new together.

Why not get the old logo redrawn. You'd be amazed what can be done with different colours, new fonts, line thicknesses and so on. Give the current logo a modern slant and I think everyone could be happy.

Or at least as happy as you'll ever get when you get together a big group of people.

Of course, you could do what I did with the G-Wiz owners club: I just got on and changed it anyhow, but then that is a slightly different group which doesn't charge a membership fee...

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:18 am

Didn't mean to sound as if I was flouncing off in a huff :lol:
I just don't have any concrete alternatives to offer myself right now.

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:11 pm

qdos wrote:The forum is a good place to facilitate discussion and is much more acessible than the AGM or other meetings as you can access it anywhere anytime. There's several people who've said how about a different logo and there's been some great ideas for discussion too I'm sure there's plenty more out there so if anyone has them please don't feel you are not allowed to offer them up for discussion.

In reply to Chris re what's my idea for the BVS logo I don't actually have one but I'll happilly show you the logo for the EV we've been working on at the Show in May but till then sorry I can't show anyone that

A friend of mine, John Smout, has a design company and works with a lot of the big industrial names on their identities, examples here
http://tinyurl.com/3a3gbk

He's probably the sort of guy who would be willing to give his expertise freely to a good cause, in case a redesign was actually required

Return to “General”