A few questions

General BVS related area
ashcn

A few questions

Postby ashcn » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:53 am

Hello!

Im a British citizen, originally from Burnley, Lancs but moved to China when I was a lad :D

I work mostly with automobiles, but for the past year ive been working on various electric car projects - I cant talk about them much - but lets just say they are for the USA and African markets.

Ive made extensive contacts in the NEV area of vehicles, as well as motors and battery areas. I see that the G-Whizz is selling very well in the UK, and I was wondering what kind of laws govern this area - what do NEV vehicles need to be legal for the UK roads?

Im honestly thinking of selling similar vehicles in the UK (as it is my homeland!), the high pound means that any imports will be dirt cheap at the moment.

ashcn

Postby ashcn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:34 am

Does nobody post here anymore? :(

ChopperMan

Postby ChopperMan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:49 am

Hi ashcn,

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure the NEV isn't a recognised vehicle classification in the UK. Possibly quadrcycle?

What is the performace of your vehicle?

Regards,

Ian

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:23 pm

ChopperMan wrote:Hi ashcn,

Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure the NEV isn't a recognised vehicle classification in the UK. Possibly quadrcycle?

What is the performace of your vehicle?

Regards,

Ian

correct we do not have NEVs in the UK as a classification which is why the likes of the ZENN is not restricted to such slow speeds in the UK or Europe

Heavy Quadricycles in Europe can generally be driven at age 16 where as in the UK they are treated pretty much the same as regular cars only you can drive them on a pre 2001 motorcycle licence

ashcn

Postby ashcn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:36 am

Ah okay - Im so used to dealing with the American markets for NEV's!

Quadricycles then - what are the legal requirements for them? The ones I am thinking of introducing myself are generally under or around 1000kg's with a 65kph/120km range, of course this could be changed with a different set of batteries, the lead acid ones used are 64kg's a piece, and you need 6 of them.....

The other vehicles I work on are in a folder marked TOP SECRET, so I am unable to divulge any info about them, although I am guessing you have heard of them.

What is considered a 'heavy quadricycle?'

Thanks to the both of you for your replies, much appreciated.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:19 pm

ashcn wrote:Does nobody post here anymore? :(

We do honest :lol:

Fridays and the weekends mind you is when most I expect are tinkering with there EV's :wink:

Qdos is your man for quadricycle rules and regs

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:39 pm

Ashcn,

It's probably going to be a lot easier if you call me. Look me up at http://www.QdosCars.co.uk Give me a call I'd be very happy to speak to you.

Don't worry about secrets I've a few myself too and we all like to share some around :wink:

I don't know if you are permanently located in China but one of our secrets will be being given a sneak preview on 17th and 18th in Exeter if you would like to come along.

ashcn

Postby ashcn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:15 pm

qdos wrote:Ashcn,

It's probably going to be a lot easier if you call me. Look me up at http://www.QdosCars.co.uk Give me a call I'd be very happy to speak to you.

Don't worry about secrets I've a few myself too and we all like to share some around :wink:

I don't know if you are permanently located in China but one of our secrets will be being given a sneak preview on 17th and 18th in Exeter if you would like to come along.

Im afraid Im permanently here, about 30% worth of my life so far in the glorious PRC! 8) :lol:

qdos: I replied to the message you sent me, but I am not sure if your received it or not :?:

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:21 pm

ashcn wrote:qdos: I replied to the message you sent me, but I am not sure if your received it or not :?:

No sign of any message here :cry:

ashcn

Postby ashcn » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi

Another question, but this time about electric motorbikes!

I saw in another thread a certain motorbike (with a roof ;) ;) ) is being sold in the USA, I know the factory where its being made, I know the owner etc)

I was wondering about UK rules and regs about taking an electric motorbike into the UK? What do you need?

Return to “General”