Still looking for suitable EV

General BVS related area
littlejobselectrical

Still looking for suitable EV

Postby littlejobselectrical » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Well I'm still looking for a suitable electric vehicle to advertise my business.
I did look into the Aixam but as soon as I looked and test drove one the idea was scrapped.
Sorry Aixam but the test drive experence was terrible.
I'm going to avoid the £70 per month battery rental as it should be called electric car stealth tax. Making a electric car more expensive to run as a 3 litre Jag.
So I am looking into much better vehicles around 2010 to 2012 just before the goverment decided to kill the electric car in the UK.
I do love the Leaf and always will but the light cream interior is not suitable for a electrical engineer.
I did view and test drive a mitsubishi I Miev and was quite impressed as its nice and simple but have a few concerns as the I Miev is a Jap import in 2010 making it worthless if I was ever to sell it on. Don't know about the reliability but would love to hear from any owners.
I have looked at the Renault Kangoo electric van but seems to be difficult to find one that has that £70 mugs tax.
Finally the Azure Dynamics electric Ford Transit Connect and ticks every box for a electric van and would suit my application perfectly but. Yes again but. Azure Dynamics have gone bust and I worry about servicing, parts availability etc.
if there's any body here that have had experence with the I Miev, Renault Kango and Transit Connect I would love to hear from you and your opinions.

mattcarr

Re: Still looking for suitable EV

Postby mattcarr » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:18 pm

I think you should go and look and the Nissan ENV200 van - may be a good fit for you. You can choose to lease or buy the battery.

timpootle

Re: Still looking for suitable EV

Postby timpootle » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:16 am

littlejobselectrical wrote:...I did view and test drive a mitsubishi I Miev and was quite impressed as its nice and simple but have a few concerns as the I Miev is a Jap import in 2010 making it worthless if I was ever to sell it on. Don't know about the reliability but would love to hear from any owners...

I think in 2010 the iMiev was an official Mitsubushi import, not grey import. Lots of people on here enjoying their Peugoet iOn, which is the same car. Matt Beard in Aberdeen drives his c-zero (same car again) long distances happily https://twitter.com/EVRoadTrip2013
Tim Crumpton

Return to “General”