anybody lives in the north yorkshire district?

General BVS related area
phil shepherdson

anybody lives in the north yorkshire district?

Postby phil shepherdson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:48 pm

I am very interested in turning my Midas kit car into an electric powered one. its mini based (A series) and would love to meet anyone up north who i can talk to?
==============

Adding onto this, i would love to see any local (York) area electric cars/vehicles to derive inspiration from; so if anyone is up here and could spare (be bovvered!) the time, it would be nice to actually see some of these EV's move!

if i acquired a 3 to 4 kilowatt scooter and transfered all the bits across to my car, do you think it would be a successful easier option than acquiring everything piecemeal?
Last edited by phil shepherdson on Wed May 13, 2009 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi Phil
Good to hear from another northerner. There's not many of us up here, but I'm in Newcastle. I'm also in the process of converting a Domino (fibreglass) mini – very slowly.

Charles Rhoden-Rhodes (aka Tesla's fag packet) lives in Leeds and is also converting a mini when he isn't fettling Berlingos.

Peter Perkins (aka retepsnikrep) lives Thirsk way and has loads of experience.

I'd like to hear more about your project

phil shepherdson

Northern members

Postby phil shepherdson » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am

thanks for the reply. now that i know somebody else is up here that is more comforting. at present i am fact gathering so Tesla's fag packet in leeds seems worth a visit for info!

strange thing is that the kit mini Domino really appealed to me and i nearly built one. so it will be interesting to see what stage/ problems you are at?

Phil shep

Return to “General”