Web and Forum site status.

General BVS related area
nino500

Postby nino500 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:09 am

You're right, I've now tried it on Firefox and on a friends connection and we're not in the sticks.

If it's an issue of bandwidth on the server and too many users online, then I dread to think what would happen if we ever got TEN :o people logged on at once. I've rarely seen more than five online when I'm on.

If we ever want to achieve the giddy heights of that 64 user record again, we'll definitely need to change hosting arrangements!

Nino.

nino500

Postby nino500 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:22 am

I can see you have issues with Saint Mary and I agree with Jeremy in that you took it way too far on the personal side (you'd have got a lot more support if you'd kept it to the technical and administrative issues) but, if you could bury the hatchet (at least on here), it might be useful and illuminating if she could take part in this discussion.

Any chance of a reply Mary? (not on the personal stuff, that's your own life and not for published discussion unless you choose to publish it).

I'm pretty new here and have no bias or personal beefs with anyone but I like the site, forum and society and wouldn't want it to fall vctim to internal squabbles.

Nino.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 am

Well said, Nino, you've summed up my own thoughts on this too.

The only word of caution I'd add is that, over the years, I've learned that the public airing of personal disagreements rarely, if ever, does anything to enhance the image or reputation of anyone who engages in it.

Perhaps best if the issue was simply dropped, with us all agreeing to keep our personal views about others to ourselves, at least on this forum and in the magazine.

Jeremy

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:36 am

nino500 wrote:You're right, I've now tried it on Firefox and on a friends connection and we're not in the sticks.

If it's an issue of bandwidth on the server and too many users online, then I dread to think what would happen if we ever got TEN :o people logged on at once. I've rarely seen more than five online when I'm on.

If we ever want to achieve the giddy heights of that 64 user record again, we'll definitely need to change hosting arrangements!

Nino.

Still really not sure what the issue is on this, but hopefully Vispa will be able to look into this pretty soon, we thought it had been cured when they kicked the server the other day but its back to its old self again today I see, took over a minute to make a post just now :cry:

EDIT but this one took less than 3secs, must be somesort of loading issue I recon ??

As for the 64 users being on line, I'm afraid I dont buy that figure, certainly they were not members more like spammers I suspect, that seemed to happen when we moved to the new host the last time from the free host it was originally on, think the gremlins got in the works and I havent figured a way to reset the data yet :oops:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:03 pm

nino500 wrote:I can see you have issues with Saint Mary and I agree with Jeremy in that you took it way too far on the personal side ...
Any chance of a reply Mary? (not on the personal stuff, that's your own life and not for published discussion unless you choose to publish it).
... Nino.

With regard to the recent magazine, and since I am considering legal action, I will refrain from comment for now. :roll:

With regard to the technical web/forum speed issues, I wish to make it clear that I have no involvement in the implimentation of the technical matters being discussed in this thread. I would be grateful Chris if you could confirm that so that people are not in any doubt.

I would suggest that the people to contact about technical web/forum issues are the society's Forum/Internet Manager(ChrisB), and also our Website Admin/Webmaster person (timpootle).

Thanks,

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

No probs Mary

Yep all forum and internet webby stuff is dealt with by myself and Tim and we are currently looking into the issue of speed.

As for anything else I have minimal envolment apart from any info that may be needed to be relayed and that is as far as it goes.

Any views I express here are of my own and may not be those of the BVS, accept were indicated i.e the quote on the other thread.

ChrisB

bigskelf

google warning over malware

Postby bigskelf » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:20 am

Just to add to your problems, it appears your site is also being blamed for harboring malware, you might want to check your security. You certainly wont get any new members as long as google flags your site as dangerous

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:39 am

Yes, I get a malware warning when I visit the main site as well. This is what Google has to say:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for 77.221.133.0

What is the current listing status for 77.221.133.0?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 5986 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2008-11-24, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
Malicious software includes 39 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 0 new processes on the target machine.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, 77.221.133.0 appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 473 site(s) including frmyorum.com, arama100.net, interia.pl.

Has this site hosted malware?
Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 1676 domain(s), including sabokbalan.com, panamareggae.net, nuestrotubo.net.

MB

Postby MB » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:31 am

That is not good news at all. I have no intention of visiting the BVS site if there is a risk of my PC getting a virus from it.
My new book is out: The 2011 Electric Car Guide is available from Amazon and all good bookshops.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Not too sure where your getting the info from MalcomB

I have just checked and got this return from google

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk
What is the current listing status for www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 70 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2008-11-24, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
Malicious software includes 81 scripting exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 0 new processes on the target machine.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Link to above quote http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... ety.org.uk

We appear to have too conflicting statements :?

I must admit the way the site currently staggers along it may well be some processes that are running that shouldnt be :shock: but I would hope that the hosts would kill off anything nasty as its in their interests to do so :?

There is another ticket that has been raised regarding the loading of pages and posting speeds, just to keep you informed

ChrisB

Return to “General”