Welsh Transport Festival April 2008

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
booboo

Welsh Transport Festival April 2008

Postby booboo » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:14 pm

This was posted on the C5alive website;

Hi Everyone,

I am new here, but want to reach as many of you owners as possible to ask for your support.

The Hoover factory in Merthyr is 60 years old in 2008 and to celebrate this and the production of the C5 there in 1985, we are holding a Sinclair C5 Gathering as part of our Annual Welsh Heartlands Autofest.

The dates are Saturday & Sunday 19-20th April 2008. The show site is the Blackwood Civic Centre & Country Park, near Caerphilly.

But wait, we want to make a C5 road run from the Hoover Factory in Merthyr down to the showground in Blackwood, a distance of around 13-14 miles max and mostly slow downward gradient, no need to woprry about the brakes or lack of them, it is only gentle gradient and good road.

We have cleared the idea with the police and if we can get at least 10 x C5's to make the run, Hoover will give us some sponsorship, so you will all have special rally type plaques on the front and a special souvenir of this wondferful challenge.

The idea is to leave Merthyr around 11.00am and arrive at Blackwood Civic Centre at.......well you can tell us !

Next years Autofest will feature over 500 motor vehicles and there is also a two day Celtic Wrestling programme plus a music programme between 12.30 and 24.00 on Saturday and 12.30 and 17.00 on Sunday. Showing the twinning relationship between Caerphilly and Ludwigsburg in Germany and Pisek in the Czech Republic we have bands from both Germany and the Czech Republic performing live as well as a large folk dance group from Pisek in CZ. Camping on the showfield is possible for exhibitors only and subject to pre.booking.

We hope you will all try and give us your support either for the road run or just for display as we are ourselves supporting the Wales Air Ambulance charity and the more interest we can create, the more money we can give !

Take a look at our website for a general overview.

www.welsh-transport-festival.co.uk

Hoping for some very positive thinking from group members.

Regards to all
Dave Griffiths

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was followed by ;

An open invitation to everyone, please spread the word and post this news to whoever you think might be interested.

We want a great turn out of all motor vehicles from C5' s to double decker buses and all that goes in between sizewise.

Remember we want to raise loads of dosh for the Wales Air Ambulance who save lives throughot Wales on the mountains, at sea and mostly on the roads and truthfully most who are saved are visitors. Wales Air Ambulance is a professional service financed by donations so they need our financial help to maintain that service.

We want a very big entry next year and there will also be a music and dance programme, cheerleads displays and celtic wrestling to keep the non motor mad fans happy both days.

Dave Griffiths

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might be worth considering as a BVS event for the New Year ?
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 am

What a super event unfortunately I don't have a C5 or live in Wales but I'll bear it in mind and mention it to anyone I know ( John!!! Nikki!!! )

I think we should have the details on the main BVS site calendar too as well as something in Plugged in to make sure as amny peeps know about it as is possible. If you want to send me a precee for the calendar then send me a message through here or e-mail me and I'll put it on the main site

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:06 am

Looks like a good event. I forwarded the details to some folk I know down there, hopefully they'll spread the word.

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:08 pm

Mark has offered to loan C5's to non-owners who want to take part...

http://www.welsh-transport-festival.co. ... stnews.htm

....get in quick if you want to beat the rush :P

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:13 am

I've put the event in the calendar on the main site now, It will show up on the rhs navigation panel nearer the date

booboo

Postby booboo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:51 pm

qdos wrote:I've put the event in the calendar on the main site now, It will show up on the rhs navigation panel nearer the date

Thanks qdos, most appreciated.

This is the latest update from the C5alive site;

"......... Can I suggest that all those who are seriously interested register that interest on the webpages so that the full details of the full weekend programme can be sent to you as and when it becomes available....."

Might be an opportunity to grab a spot for a BVS stand, Mark has agreed to set up a C5alive stand offering people a demo ride on a C5 ! :shock:

qdos

Postby qdos » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:02 pm

I would think so too.

Maybe one of the Welsh members will look into it

Return to “Events”