South Wales Informal Meeting Proposal

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
tigerbay

South Wales Informal Meeting Proposal

Postby tigerbay » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:45 am

This is just to ask if there would be any interest in a potential informal meet-up of some of us in South Wales and how many people we would be able to get as well as where in the area would be best for people geographically and what is the current talent we have down here - just checking as I'm not sure how much local knowledge of electric vehicles there are around here.

John Cave

Re: South Wales Informal Meeting Proposal

Postby John Cave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 pm

I think this a great idea and I would like to attend once date, time and venue has been arranged.
John Cave
Chairman

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Happy to support your efforts! Once you have a time and venue then I'll post details on the Speak EV forum :D
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

glyndwr1998

Postby glyndwr1998 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:17 pm

I would attend, haven't got an ev but a prius plug in hybrid self built conversion.

I am though for sure seeking to purchase an ev sometime in the future when the prices drop to a level I can afford.

Just post when and where it will be held.

Many thanks, Anthony

tigerbay

Postby tigerbay » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:14 am

glyndwr1998 wrote:I would attend, haven't got an ev but a prius plug in hybrid self built conversion.

I am though for sure seeking to purchase an ev sometime in the future when the prices drop to a level I can afford.

Many thanks, Anthony

A very good point Anthony and certainly one that would be worth discussing - I think it should be around May or June when I will be able to organise such a meeting and to give plenty of notice to people. How many of you would be able to get to Cardiff?

glyndwr1998

Postby glyndwr1998 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:24 am

Hi tiger bay,

My brother is also looking to go ev, his boss ( and company director) has already got a leaf and he is hopeful that a decision will be made soon whether the company will install a charge point at the site, that will sway his decision as he hasn't got off road parking to charge himself at home.

Not sure if he or his bass will want to attend, I am also very close friends with his boss, I'll ask to see what interest there is.

Thanks, anthony.

tigerbay wrote:
glyndwr1998 wrote:I would attend, haven't got an ev but a prius plug in hybrid self built conversion.

Many thanks, Anthony

A very good point Anthony and certainly one that would be worth discussing - I think it should be around May or June when I will be able to organise such a meeting and to give plenty of notice to people. How many of you would be able to get to Cardiff?

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:43 pm

tigerbay wrote:How many of you would be able to get to Cardiff?
no problem for me :D
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

John Cave

Postby John Cave » Tue May 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Any news of a date and venue for the meeting?

Cardiff is fine for me.

tigerbay

Postby tigerbay » Thu May 22, 2014 4:29 pm

In terms of a day, I'm not so sure currently.
However, locations that may be good, depending is either The Great Western off St Mary's Street and Cardiff Central Square (near to Cardiff Central Railway Station), The Mount Stuart (former Harry Ramsdens) in Mermaid Quay or The Chedar Tree carvery next to Aldi in Cardiff Bay Industrial Estate, Grangetown, Cardiff.
Obviously the Great Western would be better for those catching trains, but if some are coming from further afield and can't find parking in town, then the Chedar Tree would seem to be more idea.
If anyone has any further suggestions or preferences, please let me know. And is eveing best for everyone or during the day? (I don't want to get this wrong).

Would it also be possible for the North Wales Secretary to join us and would he have any ideas as to what day would be most suitable? :)

John Cave

Postby John Cave » Fri May 23, 2014 12:48 pm

It is going to be difficult to get it right for everyone so I think the best thing to do is choose a couple of dates and ask members which is best.

Personally I would prefer an evening meeting on a weekday, but you could try a Saturday or Sunday daytime meeting.

Return to “Events”