Southern: Saturday 19th January 1pm - Port Solent - Informal

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
dpeilow

Southern: Saturday 19th January 1pm - Port Solent - Informal

Postby dpeilow » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I thought I'd better start a new thread rather than hijack that other one any more (mods, please feel free to move relevant posts over here).

Just thinking about the charging for Saturday at Port Solent. I'm expecting it to be a bit chilly, so I am planning for more charging than perhaps people might need.

This is billed as South Coast but anyone is welcome.

This is the current situation I have from people across multiple forums. A + sign indicates you need charging or I guess you may need it if it is cold (I took this as 50 miles round trip for the Leafs to give some margin).

Confirmed

Leaf - Grant Thomas
Leaf - LeaferBob
Leaf - Nigel / PlanetF1
Leaf - Nikki + (if not the Prius)
Leaf - Alan Weeks +
Leaf - Rob Sharpe +
Tesla - Kevin Sharpe
Ampera - Mike / HopBackGuy
Ampera - Richard Goldsmith +
Ampera - Me +

Possible

Leaf - Trevor and Mary +
Leaf - Sefton +
Ev'ie? - Matt Carr
Kit car - Chris King

Facilities

We will have a 16A socket at the venue, which I will run to the parking spaces and split into 10A and 6A. I have all the gear for this.

At Lakeside (1 mile away) there are 2x 32A Type 2 and 1x 13A. That is enough for the moment but if more people come I hope to have a J1772 adapter by the end of the week that will allow us to split the 32A and more cars to plug in.

'Guests'

Also I am aware of a few interested non-EV drivers coming.

Jim Linnell & 1
Mark
Howard

dpeilow

Re: Southern: Saturday 19th January 1pm - Port Solent - Info

Postby dpeilow » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Just to let you know, we are still going ahead. Reports from Portsmouth tonight are the roads are clear.

Chris King

Postby Chris King » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Sorry for the belated response - but I was unable to make the group meeting. With no weather protection I will await for a couple of months before I venture out. I also appreciate the new thread for this group.

Chris

dpeilow

Postby dpeilow » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:43 pm

We had a good meet-up this afternoon. The roads were clear, despite the BBC's best efforts to convince us the apocolypse was upon us. Quite an enjoyable snowy drive home on the back roads.

Pictures over here:

http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread.ph ... ers-(SoCEV)-Meet-Up-Port-Solent-1pm?p=23694&viewfull=1#post23694

Good to meet Matt from this forum :)

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:15 am

Nice meeting yesterday - good to put faces to names. Also, nice to see plenty of EV's all in the same place.

Return to “Events”