Southern : Sunday June 17th 2012 : Show

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
philaedwards

Re: Southern : Sunday July 17th : Show

Postby philaedwards » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Mine arrived today, looking forward to it

Phil
XJ600 electric drag race project
Don't you love it when your project's "80% finished" ? It's so satisfying to know there's only 80% left to do...

ex925

Postby ex925 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:56 am

my invite also arrived, with the rules, INC. no vehicle movements on site from 10am to 4pm.....
COMMENTS, PLEASE
Ed.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:42 pm

See what happens on the day I suppose, there was talk of demos etc :?

I think it really means you need to be "on site" by 10am and you cant really leave until 4pm :?

Thats how I read it :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Just a reminder that tomorrows the day, weathers looking .......vairable :?

See you all there.

ChrisB

philaedwards

Postby philaedwards » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:02 am

Didn't make this one I'm afraid. Sent the museum an email on Sat to let them know.
XJ600 electric drag race project
Don't you love it when your project's "80% finished" ? It's so satisfying to know there's only 80% left to do...

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Thats a shame, you missed a really good turn out 8)

Although the weather was against us from the moment we set up we still had a great time inbetween the showers......ok they were more like monsoon conditions :roll: :lol: :lol:

However while it was somewhat "damp" I think all concerned had a good time.

Many thanks to all our BVS members who came and braved the conditions, I think we had a very good turn out with over 10 EV exhibits on show 8) in fact it was such a success and the museum was so impressed we have been asked back next year on Sunday 15th July 2012, so put it in your diary and we'll make it even bigger and better I recon.

Below are a couple of shots of the day between the odd rain drops :lol:

There will be a few more pics from other members later I expect.

The actual museum is a fantastic place and really worth a visit if your ever down that way, I have to admit spending a rather excessive amount of time playing with their fully working mechanical telephone exchange :oops: , just fascinating and amazing to see these bits of kit working.

See you all there in 2012 8)

ChrisB

ChrisB

Re: Southern : Sunday June 17th 2012 : Show

Postby ChrisB » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:48 am

Right well those that attended in 2011 "should" have recieved a invite from the museum for this year.

As you can see from the pics, while the weather was somewhat damp we had a good turn out and a lot of fun, this year we are offically listed in their events list and thus even more public should attend.

So if you would like to come along to this great event then either post here or drop Terry H an e-mail or PM myself and we'll get an entry form to you.

Charging is available for those that need it, entry is free for those that bring a EV, as well as your vehicle you get entry for Driver + Passenger + any children of school age who arrive with the vehicle.

The museum itself is really interesting to look around as well with lots of classic stuff from yesteryear.

ChrisB

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Will you be taking your van there Chris?

I have checked my diary and unfortunately I won't be able to attend, but I do hope to be able to come to the Beaulie even in May.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Not been about much due to personal/work stuff hence hobbies and fun have had to take a bit of a back seat but all being well I will be at this event, not up to speed on who is going as thats TerryH's department.

Hoepfully it will be as good a turn out as last year.....just with better weather.....and more public as its been advertised from day one and is on their offical calander 8)

Not sure about the Van as I've still got a battery issue in the rear pack that I still havent had a chance to look at for the past 7 mths :cry: which is giving me range issues and not wanting to kill it totally I expect I'll be down to bikes-n-scooters but with luck will bring 4 or 5 :lol:

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Just a reminder for tomorrow really, weather looks as though it should be improving, well anythings an improvement on what we have currently.

Its a good day and with it being Fathers day there should be lots of things for the Dads to do as well 8)

See you all there

ChrisB

Return to “Events”