London To Brighton next week!

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

London To Brighton next week!

Postby aminorjourney » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:42 am

Who is coming on the London To Brighton road run? It's on the 22nd July and will start in Clapham on the A24 South Side at 9am.

Anyone on here coming? A show of hands would be useful!

There's going to be two or three charging points along the way including some roving chargers in the back of vans, so people won't get stranded!

Come on, come and have a fun day! :)

Nikki.

P.S. I'm going to try and arrange some shuttle vehicles to get people from Brighton back to the Start so if people want to drop off their EV and drive a support vehicle to Brighton they can in the morning before the start.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Re: London To Brighton next week!

Postby qdos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:31 pm

aminorjourney wrote: A show of hands would be useful!

I'd do a Hand emoticon if they had one on here so in it's absence how about a light bulb instead :idea:

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi All,

I am up for it in my Berlingo, so I can help with trasport of kit on the trip.

My plans are
-to go from Basingstoke to Clapham the night before and stay overnight recharging.
-have great fun on the trip
-head back to Basingstoke from Brighton.

As Bighton to Basingstoke is just out of range for me at 65 miles, is there someone near the following route that could give me a 2 hour recharge ?

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?t=r#t=r&m ... 20RG21%207

Looking forward to meeting you all in person,

If I can help anyone in any please let me know.

Regards,
Rob

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:04 am

arsharpe wrote:Hi All,

I am up for it in my Berlingo, so I can help with trasport of kit on the trip.

My plans are
-to go from Basingstoke to Clapham the night before and stay overnight recharging.
-have great fun on the trip
-head back to Basingstoke from Brighton.

As Bighton to Basingstoke is just out of range for me at 65 miles, is there someone near the following route that could give me a 2 hour recharge ?

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?t=r#t=r&m ... 20RG21%207

Looking forward to meeting you all in person,

If I can help anyone in any please let me know.

Regards,
Rob

I'd love to do it but I cant see a way of getting to London to start with or back again :cry: certianly not in the Blingo

Rob, dont forget you've got to get over the southdowns :shock: another battery killer, think your pretty brave thinking you'll be able to do it to be honest.

From where I am, I'm getting a trip distance of 47.8 miles to Brighton most of which is on high speed duel carraige way :cry: and thats just not an option for me, unless I do about 40mph or less, and thats just not safe on high speed roads :cry: if I try and avoid the those bits it starts to increase the mileage to silly amounts :(
Getting the London from here is a complete non starter with not only the southdowns to get over but having a distance of 70 miles :roll:

Game over :(

I'm not quite sure if its my batts thats arnt very happy or ??????? but I dont know how you guys are getting the ranges your getting, yes I have got 63 odd miles out of mine once but that was with some pretty carefull driving and running the pack to zero and beyond which then took a good 8hrs to bring it back and even then the energy meter wasnt very happy for the next 1/2 dozen cycles.
I tend to be doing about 45 miles regularly. If I put her onto a motor way or the likes then 40 max I would think. Mind you I tend not to run the pack down to much and rarely take it below 20% or even get the eco light on so perhaps I'm not giving them enough punishment :?

So unless I can locate a trailer and vehicle with tow bar its a bit of a non starter for little old me. I will try and poke my nose into the event mind you :wink:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:22 am

Chris and Rob,

Don't forget the three recharging points along the way! There will be one after 14 miles, one after 30 miles and a roving generator.

Chris, can you give me dimensions on the Berlingo? There may be a way of getting it to London.......
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:41 am

Hi Nikki

No probs , your looking at 4.1mtrs long x 1.9mtrs wide x 1.8mtrs high approx .

Dont forget it weighs in at 1.5 tons as well :shock: if your think of a trailer ??? the only vehicle I know that would possible legally tow it would be something big like a Ford Scorpio or Rangey etc once you add the weight of the trailer, and I've got nothing like that round here now I've sold my Scorpio DOH !!!! :roll:

ChrisB

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:44 am

Arse...

I'm half wondering if you can still get a lift. I'll see if I can think of a way around it :)

Nikki.
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:52 am

I can get myself there thats not a problem, the vans another story, also just thinking about the mobile gennys what are they going to be rated at ??

I'm not 100% sure what the powerfactor is on the blingo , could find out but that might make quite a difference to what gennys the Blingo can be plugged into without causing the genny to be come toast rather rapidly :lol:

ChrisB

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:54 am

It's John Crayton's mobile generator, which I think is rated at about 5 kW :)
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:01 am

That should be OK, think hes charged Blingos off that before :wink: I just didnt want anyone to toast something like a 3kva one :lol:

It might be fine on a 3kva one but if its got a rubbish PF then theres a chance it might realistically draw a lot more :?

ChrisB

Return to “Events”