East Wales : Tour de Presteigne : Weekend 7-8th May : Show

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ChrisB

East Wales : Tour de Presteigne : Weekend 7-8th May : Show

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 pm

http://www.tourdepresteigne.co.uk/

BVS will be having a Stand at the show and I'm going up for the first time this year with a couple of folding electic bikes and my newer Electric scooter all powered by PING LiFePO4 batteries 8)

I beleive the main day this year will be the Sunday, but suspect Saturday will be just as much fun 8)

Anyone else coming out to play that weekend ???

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Kevin Sharpe

Re: East Wales : Tour de Presteigne : Weekend 7-8th May : Sh

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Sun May 01, 2011 11:08 am

ChrisB wrote:Anyone else coming out to play that weekend ???
My Tesla will be on show and possibly a couple of Leaf's :)
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am

Excellent news Kevin.

Thought there would be a couple of us up there 8) just wish my poor old Berlingo had the range the modern stuff has :lol: :lol: but then again it cost a lot less.

See you there

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue May 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Well we made it, arrived Friday afternoon ready for the fun over the weekend (and the rain :lol: )

Sadly for me it didnt live up to expectation, while it was billed as Sunday being the main day and Saturday being the 50mile ride out I had hoped that there was something else going on, nope, went into town on Saturday morning and it was deader than a dead thing, a little flea market type thing where the bike show was going to be on Sunday and that was about it.

Sunday was better and there where piles and piles and piles of new electric bikes to try and if you where in the market for a new off the shelf electric bike then certainly that was the place to try them all out, but that was about it.

I had many comments while helping run the BVS stand about how quiet it was and the lack of things to do compared to last year. I wonder if insurance and the dreaded H&S had anything to do with it ??

The Sunday fancy dress ride through the town was a scream and very funny even if it did tip it down with rain near the end, but it didnt dampen any ones spirits.

Kevin was there with the Tesla which as normal attracted a lot of attention 8) also John from Dragon EV's and our own events man John who set up and in the main ran the BVS stand and I bimbled in with my two foldering electric bikes and the rescued from down the tip £20 wonder (although it is running £150 ping LiFePO4 battery) proving you dont need to spend 1000's to have an electric bike, although the new ones where very nice........but equally had a nice price to go with them.

I put some phots of the day up later

ChrisB

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Wed May 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Right heres some pics of Sunday

Theres lots more now on the actual site here

http://tourdepresteigne.webs.com/apps/p ... d=11542789

ChrisB

Return to “Events”