Southern area: 28 Sept - 01 Oct: Meeting with major man'r

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
arsharpe

Southern area: 28 Sept - 01 Oct: Meeting with major man'r

Postby arsharpe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:00 am

I have been approached by a representative of a major car manufacturer to canvass information from current (and I assume potentially new) users of electric vehicles. This is a real positive opportunity to work with a manufacturer to help them develop the best EVs possible.

Initially they want to talk to a small number of users to get practical feedback on charging requirements during the period 28 Sept - 1 Oct when a representative from their home country is visiting the UK and Europe. The intention is to visit users from a cross section of types of vehicles and ideally at their home to see the sort of charging that is currently employed. The selected area is within travelling distance of their base of operations at Millbrook and they are prepared to travel and meet people in the evening around the following area.

Between Millbrook and Basingstoke (e.g. Milton Keynes, Watford, London, Reading, Working)
They may also include Crawley, Tunbridge & Guildford

I have been asked to co-ordinate a schedule of meetings. If you are interested and can commit to get to this area for a couple of hours on one or more day or evenings of the above dates and I haven't contacted you this weekend please let me know.

In the near future a wider community will be approached (probably on-line) that will give an opportunity for people who cannot make it to contribute.

This is a really exciting time for both the development of EVs and the role of the Battery Vehicle Society and I look forward to your participation. Pleases send email to membership@batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk with the following information

Name :
Contact Number :
Vehicle type :
Prepared to travel : x miles

Available: 28 Sept
...Day time between :
...Eve :

Available: 29 Sept
...Day time between :
...Eve :

Available: 30 Sept
...Day time between :
...Eve :

Available: 01 Oct (possibly)
...Day time between :

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:23 pm

This is to let you know that the refined plan for the above meetings as follows (they are all in the evening)

28 Sept - Aldershot
29 Sept - Rickmansworth
30 Sept - Croydon

If you are interested in contributing and can make one of these evenings especially Rickmansworth or Croydon then please let me know and I will send info.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Its a shame the "major car manufacturer" appears to be so secretive about their identity to some :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:59 pm

Just to clarify to this forum as well as to those attending the discussions.

The reason for secrecy is actually very positive as they want to receive accurate feedback on user expectations of EVs rather than inaccurate information based on the reaction to the manufacturers name, etc.

Call me naive, but I see this as a great opportunity for the BVS and its members to contribute to the design and production of new EVs. After all this is what the BVS is all about.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:40 pm

It shouldnt make any difference who they are if they want info on real life EV usage, it would just be nice to know who we're dealing with :?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Events”