Best Meet EVER! (BEVOB BVS southwest), June 3rd.

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

Best Meet EVER! (BEVOB BVS southwest), June 3rd.

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:24 pm

Wow, what a meet!

Sadly some of our membership decided not to come to the meeting as it was too early on a Sunday morning but we did have thirteen intrepid souls turn up at John Lewis, Cribbs Causeway as well as two Elcat vans, one CityEl (Two if you count booboo's one in the back of his van) two C5s, an E-go moped, a Prius and a home-made electric bike. What a show!

As it was our birthday the meet was rather relaxed with lots of talking and cake eating! We had a rather tasty cake with "Happy Birthday BEVOB" written on it and it seemed to shrink in size quite rapidly!

As well as catch up on BVS goings on (including a report from the AGM and details of all the new events taking place over the summer) we got to see some of the photos of the London-Brighton C5 run and then spent a fantastic hour or so in the carpark having goes in each other's vehicles.

It was I think one of the best meets ever and it was also nice to have a meeting in a venue where we didn't have to compete with 101 other noises to be heard.

Here's a few photos, courtesy of Anacrocomputer :)

Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Looks and sounds like you had a great time , didnt realise it was your birfday :roll: kept that one quiet :lol:

Thats not JC I see there in the pic is it ?? Dam could have done with having a chat to him :roll: :(

Ah well theres always the next time :wink:

ChrisB
Last edited by ChrisB on Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:58 pm

Wasn't MY birthday - but BEVOB is 1 year old this month! :)

Yup - John Crayton came all the way from Brighton! :shock: But then Karl, Mark and Allan came all the way from West Sussex and High Wycombe!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 pm

You didnt say it was BEVOBS birfday :cry:

I just thought it was a normal meet as such :oops:

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Doh! There was cake too! shame I coldn't make it :( but hey Chris if you give me a call we can organise some down here too :)

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Doh! Now I feel guilty about buying the cake!!!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:36 pm

aminorjourney wrote:Doh! Now I feel guilty about buying the cake!!!

Never feel guilty about buying cake just about not sharing it! :wink: Which I'll let you off for cos it's my fault I wasn't there but it was a bit too early for me and I'd been to Shepton Mallet earlier in the week so couldn't justify another trek :(

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 pm

qdos wrote:...........it's my fault I wasn't there but it was a bit too early for me and I'd been to Shepton Mallet earlier in the week so couldn't justify another trek :(

Thats OK , I was still under the influence of real ale which was the reason I didnt get behind the wheel at 7am this morning :oops:

Trouble was we had tickets for a live group the night before so couldnt really leave early and my other half wouldnt have been too happy about me coming home early just so I could go to another anorak meeting as she puts its :lol:

Cakes not a problem, as I dont do cake or sweet things really, now if you'd offered some real ale or whiskey then things might have been different :lol:

ChrisB

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Looks like you all had a great time. Would be great to have a meet up here but don't think we've many fans north of the border :(

I spent today helping out at a vintage rally but sadly not an EV in sight.

Happy birthday. I did a bit of celebrating for you last night :lol:

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

Russell

Postby Russell » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:25 am

Good to see you all, I enjoyed the meeting its such a shame I'm off cake for the duration. I cant guarantee anything but will try and get to some of the future events.

I cant remember all your names but thanks for a go in what ever you lent me. I've wanted a go in a C5 ever since I first saw one so that was a real treat.

That national cycle route is hardly the most direct route to Newport so I got home at about 6pm when my little bike computer said 45.2 miles :shock: Could have done with a bit of battery assist :wink:

Return to “Events”