What's this Electrathon then?

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
aminorjourney

What's this Electrathon then?

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:05 am

Hi everyone!

For those who aren't aware we're a month away from the Electrathon. Hot on the heels of John Lilly (the BVS chairman's) course in Cwmdu, Wales where several BVS members were able to build their own off-road EV racing machines the BVS has hired the Haynes Motor Museum racing track for the weekend of the 30June/1st July. We'll be having a series of endurance, speed and and skill-based races for anyone with an EV who is interested.

The weekend will be open to anyone who has an electric powered vehicle from hand-built bicycle conversions all the way through to commercial vehicles! It doesn't matter if your vehicle is road-legal or not since we'll be having classes (I believe) for both.

It should be a fantastic fun weekend and of course, the more people who come the more fun we're bound to have!

If you're interested the Haines Motor Museum's site can be found at www.hanesmotormuseum.com
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 am

Sounds great !

I'll be along :D

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:47 am

Don't forget, The Electrathon starts tomorrow and runs for the weekend at The Haynes Motor Museum where we have the use of their track too! :D

For more information make sure you keep referring to the main BVS site There's a calendar feature showing upcomming events on all pages.

http://www.batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk

booboo

Postby booboo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:10 pm

Just a quick note to say I wish you all well with this event - fingers crossed you are all blessed with reasonable,weather.

Above all, have fun !
London to Brighton on a Sinclair C5 - 6/5/07 - what a trip !
Ford Explorer 4.0 v6 petrol for everyday abuse - thank God for LPG
Sinclair C5's (Plus "c5alive.co.uk" ) as a hobby

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Would have loved to have gone but currently all weekends are well booked up :cry:

Looking forward to the pics and report

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:37 pm

It was great fun we even had one of our members decide to set a record for the cicuit in reverse!

If you missed the fun today then be sure to come along tomorrow. We'll be commencing at 10am All BVS members are welcome with or without your EV it's all free you can take your EV on the track and join in the fun :)

MB

Postby MB » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:36 pm

I'm looking forward to the pictures! Sorry I couldn't make it this year. With any luck I'll have my own creation to bring next year...

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:08 pm

What a great time we had!

Sadly we only went on the Saturday as I desperately need my City El on the road with new batteries in it by Wednesday!

We got a little rained out on Saturday afternoon but I think there were 10 vehicles going around the track on the Saturday and I assume the same today?

We got some snapshots already, including one of a certain person going backwards around the track (show off) Image

John Lilly did great times on the THE bike Image and we even had Alan and Honor ward take their car around.

I suppose I should also own up to being told off for cutting the corner a bit too tightly in the Prius. I'll save myself the humiliation ...Image
At least I got a decent lap time :)

For more photos please check out the Flickr page!. I really wish my City El could have made it!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:31 am

aminorjourney wrote: I really wish my City El could have made it!

Nikki you'd have only used it to cause an obstruction to the rest of us by turning it over I'm sure!!! The way you were cutting them courners to throw mud on the track we could tell you were determined to scupper our chances of beating you. Well I've news for you..... We went faster on the Sunday ;)

Check out the story here

Give me some time and I'll have a short video up too :)

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:35 am

Am I NEVER going to be allowed to live that down ???

Had a great time though - and what a report on the website! Go go Kelvin!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

Return to “Events”