Newark - Sat 20 and Sun 21 June - Kit-Car Show

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Newark - Sat 20 and Sun 21 June - Kit-Car Show

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed May 13, 2009 5:56 pm

This year will be the fourth BVS display at the Newark Show, so please bring your EV to the event if you possibly can.

Drivers of display vehicles are admitted free.

This show is very friendly, and the organisers make a big effort to offer something for all the family, including displays of stationary engines, model steam and scale traction engines, crafts, and much more.

See the show web pages http://www.kitcarshow.co.uk

The show is also great for anyone who wants to build or convert their own EV. Several kit car companies are now developing electric versions of their cars and many of the other traders sell parts which are equally useful for electric cars including batteries, low energy LED lights, and trim components.

For anyone who wants to make a full weekend of it, there is a camping area on site and the usual BVS barbeque on the Saturday evening, there might even be a BBQ on the Friday as well!

Contact Antoni Offert (our kit-car rep) for more information - his contact details are in the magazine.

It would be helpful if people can let us know in advance if they can help out on the stand, and/or bring a vehicle along.

Thanks,

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 am

Newark is very much geared towards the kit car club scene and has a more cluby atmosphere than the other shows around the country. Some of you will know We're working on a number of Electric Kit cars one of which was on show recently at Stoneleigh.

Unfortunately I don't think we're likely to be at Newark which is a shame as we're contemplating some competitions with one of our electric kits and would be interested in talking with some potential drivers with good car skills and understanding of electric vehicles. Right at the moment were busy booking track days to burn rubber and petrol but might take an electric with us to one or two.

Anyone interested is welcome to talk to me There's some good things going on for build your own EV fun machines.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:26 am

*Tomorrow*

We're camping tonight and tomorrow. See you there!
Tim Crumpton

qdos

Postby qdos » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:34 am

Hope the show goes well. I was just down the road at Bruntingthorpe with Ian Stent doing silly things with the Deronda. Yes it's available as a kit. Watch out for August Issue of Complete Kit Car for more if you like doing over twice the legal speed limit ;)

I've got a show on Sunday here in Dorset with 100+ Supercars so sorry I'm not there. We did wave the leccy flag at the last show we were at though and will be waving it more shortly too

Return to “Events”