Northern Meet 04/04/09

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
retepsnikrep

Northern Meet 04/04/09

Postby retepsnikrep » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Got to put a face to a few names today when Malcolm, Charles and Steve came over to Topcliffe near Thirsk for a pleasant few hours discussing EV's, BVS and a whole range of stuff.

Charles made the 30 miles + in his Berlingo after a bit of a detour :wink:

We adjourned to the local pub for a pint and a bite to eat before returning to my shed to break and poke a few things.

Encouraged by Malcolm we cut the top off one of my old dead TS 200A lithium cells and Steve took some photos which i'll post up later.

Enjoyable day and nice to meet everyone, weather was pretty good as well. Hope to meet up later shifts permitting.
Last edited by retepsnikrep on Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Peter

Two MK1 Honda Insight's. One running 20ah A123 Lithium pack. One 8ah BetterBattery Nimh pack.
One HCH1 Civic Hybrid running 60ah A123 Lithium pack.

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Thanks for showing us all your toys Peter (and letting us take some apart). I was seriously impressed by your research facility, I reckon Honda could learn a thing or two as well.

Steve: next time, switch the flash off before taking a picture of us at the most critical moment of dismantling a 200Ah cell...

Tesla: Well done for arranging everything again. I always find these get-togethers inspiring.

Looking forward to the next one.

Return to “Events”