Bath and West Show Sustainability Arena

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
qdos

Bath and West Show Sustainability Arena

Postby qdos » Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 pm

I've just got back from a really enjoyable time at the show outside Shepton Mallet. I was lucky enough to get to ride an electric motocross bike round the main show arena in the Sustainable Transport parade where Jon Lilly was awarded 3rd prize for his Elcat (don't ask how it was judged we are all still wondering that one including the judges! LOL)

Whilst it did rain most of the day and consequently it was fairly quiet I still thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are passing Shepton Mallet then pop in to the show and say Hi to John who's waving the BVS flag for us. I'm certain he would welcome you being about and you may too get to do a lap of honour round the parade arena.

Unfortunately John's misplaced his mobile so he's running silent at the moment but he's next to the Twike and the electric Go Cart

I'll post some pics when I am able

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:20 am

I won't go into the politics of the show here but it seemed that the BVS got rather sidelined from what I've heard.

Malcolm Moss, the guy who helped organise it, won the event with his solar rickshaw.

John Lilly came third with his Elcat Minivan and the Twike didn't even get a mention! :shock:
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:14 am

Didnt even know the show was on :cry:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Return to “Events”