Tour De Presteigne 2009. from Ed. in Plymouth

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
ex925

Tour De Presteigne 2009. from Ed. in Plymouth

Postby ex925 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 am

I have managed to balance a bicycle again, at last. To celebrate, I have sent off my entry form to the TOUR DE PRESTEIGNE, May 9th. and 10th., 2009.

It looks like lots of fun. I have just watched the videos of the nearby Karting circuit to be used at 12.00 on the Sunday (10th. May) for two classes of race. 20 laps with pedals, 10 laps "Formula Libre" / "No Pedalling" (that's for me!)

Then at 3pm on the Sunday, there is a "Round Presteigne Mad Hatters Tour" on closed roads. There are charging points in town, and a full programme of green transport events and stalls on the Saturday and the Sunday. The BVS are listed as one of the stalls to see, great news.

So, should I chance a solo, or try to build a compact trike? Hmmmmm.....

All the best, from Ed.

ex925

Tour De Presteigne 2009, and BVS AGM... from Ed. in Plymouth

Postby ex925 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Oh, dear, brain-fade again
(at least I can blame the anaesthetic for a bit longer.....)
I have just read the excellent BVR 33/3 on-line.
I suddenly noticed the BVS AGM is on Sat. 090509
Yup, the same day as the first day of the Tour De Presteigne

Oh, well maybe some hardy BVS souls will attend BOTH the BVS AGM on the Saturday, and travel on to the Tour De presteigne on Sun. 10th. May...

I have already booked, and paid a deposit, for accomodation for the Saturday and the Sunday near Presteigne, and paid the entry-fee to the event.

So, why moan about "Brain-fade"?

Well, if I am honest, I vaguely remember Mary or someone remarking at a committee meeting that the AGM was likely to be held on May 9th in the Coventry Transport Museum

It's just that I only began to recall that conversation, tonight, reading BVR 33/3..................
Sorry
Ed.

Return to “Events”