Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Month

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
mattcarr

Re: Southern : Monthly group meet : 2nd THURSDAY in the Mont

Postby mattcarr » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 am

Nice to meet everyone - I cant believe how fast the time slipped by.

David - I'll post some of the pictures from Winchester later on today.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm

dargles wrote:
ChrisB wrote:Have no fear this thread will always contain the correct data unless Terry doesnt tell me somethings changed :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll all be fine at the Wickor :wink:

ChrisB

Hi, Chris.
Yes indeed, we had a fine time, thanks, it was good to meet everyone. And Matt was kind enough to give me a ride in his rather splendid C1 EVie 8)
Regards, David

Excellent, the EVie is nice isnt it, and Matt got it for a far more realistic price compared to the new price I reckon 8)

Glad everyone had a nice time, Terry called me and said he didnt think anyone was going to turn up :lol:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:56 pm

several pubs with ZeroNet EV charging in the New Forest now... any good for your meetings?

ZeroNet_New_Forest_21_September_2012_Low_Res.png
ZeroNet_New_Forest_21_September_2012_Low_Res.png (249.14 KiB) Viewed 35549 times
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:44 am

One of the southcoast members comes all the way from brighton - so I think this is making it an even longer journey for him. Also, I do intend to make a trip out this way to check out the charing points.

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:02 am

mattcarr wrote:One of the southcoast members comes all the way from brighton - so I think this is making it an even longer journey for him.
Where is the ideal geographical location for your members?
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Ideally it needs, I would say, to be above Portsmouth somewhere near the A27, that way it encompasses a fair few folks, although I'm not sure how many attend as I wouldnt give the landlord my presence after he made it quite obviouse he wouldnt allow anyone to charge, so have not been along for sometime now, also other things recently have been getting in the way of my EV life :cry:

ChrisB

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 am

I do think we should find another venue that will allow charging. Not sure if this is something I should persue or get Terry to do - but I know the current venue is very convenient for Terry.

Chris - do you still get to drive the nice red C1 EV'ie?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:12 pm

mattcarr wrote:I do think we should find another venue that will allow charging. Not sure if this is something I should persue or get Terry to do - but I know the current venue is very convenient for Terry.

Chris - do you still get to drive the nice red C1 EV'ie?

Dont see why you shouldnt persue a new venue, why should it be convenient for just one member :wink: :mrgreen: but then it needs to be centralish I feel and easy to get to 8)

Sadly havent had a chance to revist the C1 for a while now, its been moved from its orginal home and now located further west in Worthing :( must admit I should catch up with it and find how much use its getting.

ChrisB

mattcarr

Postby mattcarr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:00 am

Well, I will be at the southern meeting on Thursday and I will raise the point about the venue. It would be nice to get more people coming each month, and perhaps moveing the meeting point may help with that. I do think we need to take the stance of ensuring that the venue does allow charging, as I would then consider going further for the meeting if necessary.

I would love to know how many miles your C1 EV'ie has covered now - I am almost at the 13000 mile mark in mine. Also, ECCPLC are no more - so I am not sure what you will do for servicing or support. I might ask for a Citroen C1 EV'ie section on this site specifically for owners.

Kevin Sharpe

Postby Kevin Sharpe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm

mattcarr wrote:Well, I will be at the southern meeting on Thursday and I will raise the point about the venue. It would be nice to get more people coming each month, and perhaps moveing the meeting point may help with that. I do think we need to take the stance of ensuring that the venue does allow charging, as I would then consider going further for the meeting if necessary.
We are happy to donate charging hardware to any suitable public location... we have a lot of charging being deployed in the New Forest and Brighton area but would love to add more southcoast locations :D

http://www.zerocarbonworld.org/free-charging-stations

Return to “Events”