"Fully Charged?" event 11 Dec 2008

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
arsharpe

"Fully Charged?" event 11 Dec 2008

Postby arsharpe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Is anyone going to Fully Charged? The Future of Electric Vehicles.

It seems quite expensive at £395 per delegate.
I have sent an email to say that this seems very expensive and 'normal' people are unlikely to go. I got the following back.

Dear Robert,

I understand that the delegate fee may be high. I can see if I can get the delegate rate down for you if I speak to my accounting department since you are from the Battery Vehicle Society. It would be great to have your contribution at the event.

Best Regards,
Santino

Anyway, is anyone else going ?

Is it worth trying to get a BVS discount ?

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:40 pm

To be fair I dont think its aimed at "'normal' people "

Furthermore, attendees will have the opportunity to network, share ideas and discuss business development initiatives with delegates and speakers alike in an informal atmosphere.

Looks to me like a day out for the boyz rather something aimed at the man in the street :cry:

Could be wrong of course :?

£395 ..........quite expensive.......I'd say laughable!!, add in travel costs etc and you could be looking at a cool £500 for the day :shock: not something the average Joe would be able to afford :cry: .
Shame as it might be interesting.

Interesting that they say they would welcome "our" contribution, perhaps we are working this the wrong way and WE should charge them for OUR attendance :lol:

I wonder what discount they will come up with ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:13 am

In my direct experience, if you are credible in that particular market, and are prepared to offer to give a presentation lasting about an hour (with Q&A), then you will usually get to attend the rest of the event for free.

These events are almost always organised by professional event organisers who are not in any way connected with the subject matter. In this case, I suspect the organisers have tagged on to the increasing interest in EVs and are putting this event on as a bit of a punt, to see if there's a market for further events.

It's worth remembering that the primary motive for many attending such events will be marketing and advertising. The event organisers always promote these things up as "networking opportunities" (which they are), but every one I've ever attended has been a thinly disguised sales pitch from a small number of influential suppliers.

Jeremy

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Re: "Fully Charged?" event 11 Dec 2008

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:53 pm

arsharpe wrote:Is anyone going to Fully Charged? The Future of Electric Vehicles.

It seems quite expensive at £395 per delegate.
I have sent an email to say that this seems very expensive and 'normal' people are unlikely to go. ....

Anyway, is anyone else going ?

Is it worth trying to get a BVS discount ?

I have just seen this Rob. It seems you and I were thinking along the same lines. I have also been in touch with them, and am waiting to hear back.

Have you had anything back from them?

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:11 pm

No. I wanted to check the BVS view before getting back them, i.e. "we have x people interested, what deal can you do ?".

So if you interested can you please post here.

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:09 pm

arsharpe wrote:No. I wanted to check the BVS view before getting back them, i.e. "we have x people interested, what deal can you do ?".

So if you interested can you please post here.

Indeed yes, I had left a voicemail making a general enquiry similar to yours, saying it was a bit expensive ;-)

From what they said in their reply to you, perhaps they will come back with some sort of discounted rate.

But I would be interested in going if the price were right, and I can get a cheap train ticket.

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

Return to “Events”