EVS Conference Stavanger 2009

BVS Events area, want to meet up with fellow EV'ers then this is the place to post. Please follow the guidelines if you are starting a topic here.
Cogito

EVS Conference Stavanger 2009

Postby Cogito » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:01 pm

If anyone is interested in coming to this event then send me a message.
It wil be an international conference and by then lots of new cars to look at.
The Pan Scandinavian BEV group will meet there and find some cheap accomodation. Mathew in Cornwall who hires out PSA elecric cars will try, as always, to come.

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi
I just spent last weekend in Stavanger on the ferry from North Shields. I would have been able to bring my electric truck Electrocute over for the ev conference next year, but unfortunately the service is to be discontinued in August. What a pitty.
I did manage to spot a Th!nk while I was there.
Peter

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am

I will need more info before planning next year's trips.

I found dates on the internet:-
13-16 May 2009

Sounds interesting.
Tim Crumpton

Cogito

Postby Cogito » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:24 am

Its a bummer with these ferries to Norway. For many years we had a ferry direct from Kristiansand to Newcastle which was abandoned last year. The Newcastle- Stavanger is obviously not succesful either.

Eastern Airlines fly the route directly.
Bristolians (of which I was one) must amuse themselves in Amsterdam or Frankfurt before the final leg to Stavanger :shock: .

I`ll keep you posted.

Cogito

Postby Cogito » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 pm

For those that might be interested in coming to the conferance or exhibition, we have booked a bunch of huts in a campsite not too far from where the action is. A youth hostel is also nearby for a slightly more refined experience.

A shared hut works out at 15 pounds a night per person, a tent for up to 4 persons is 20 pounds a night and a mobile home is less than 30 pounds depending on the exchange rate in these turbulent times.

The Hydrogen Highway from Oslo to Stavanger will be officially opened and a rally will set off from Oslo. Electric vehicles can participate in a shorter rally to Stavanger.

http://evs24.org/docs/EVSVikingrally1209.pdf

Let me know if anyone is interested. I can garantee that no-one will get frostbite at that time of year.

Return to “Events”