Electric Vehicle Conversion Company

Do you know of a good www. site or similar ? post a link to the site here.
electricvehicles

Electric Vehicle Conversion Company

Postby electricvehicles » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:26 pm

MB

Postby MB » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:12 pm

Ah yes, them. Problem is, they're based in the wrong part of the globe.

But if I ever emigrate to Calafornia, I'll be sure to look them up.

I think there is a market for a company to produce (in limited volumes) an off-the-shelf electric car, based on a conversion from another manufacturer.

New cars, with manufacturers warranty, but with electric propulsion.

And the manufacturer that come to mind that may be interested and has suitable vehicles are Proton.

Why Proton? Well, they are small and most people don't know what the current range of Proton cars are. Which means they could be rebranded as something entirely different if desired.

Secondly, Proton badly want to sell more cars, so they'll be open to suggestions. Because they're relatively small, it is likely that anyone converting the cars would be allowed access to the Proton dealer network for training up servicing agents and selling the cars.

Thirdly, the cars themselves are modern - most of them have only been launched in the past two years and they look sleek and stylish. They are also very good value for money - which is useful to help 'hide' the conversion costs.

Fourthly, I believe the cars are relatively lightweight - especially their smaller cars, like the Savvy and Satria.

http://www.proton.co.uk

Anyone up for the challenge?

Return to “Links”