The EV re-charging network

Do you know of a good www. site or similar ? post a link to the site here.
ChrisB

The EV re-charging network

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 24, 2007 9:52 am

This is a site set up by Tim Nicklin who is trying to bring togther a network of recharging points so if you want to do a trip in your EV thats outside your return range then you can look on the list and if there is someone who is willing to supply some power on route you can get a re-charge from them.

Of course you need to join and allow others to do the same :wink:

http://www.ev-network.memberlodge.org/

Not too many on it at the moment but the more we get the better chance of getting from a to b we have 8)

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 pm

EV Network membership may only be small at the moment (where are you all?), but it's starting to be useful as Edward from the G-Wiz Owner's Club reports http://gwiz.myfastforum.org/ftopic692-0-asc-0.php having completed a 95 mile run back home following a recent service.

qdos

Postby qdos » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Fantastic!

As it happens I have a map of the BVS members near me marked up which would be very handy to members of the society as you're seldom much more than 15 miles form another member round my part of the world and I live in rural Dorset!. If I was to continue marking up people I would expect that to apply to most of the country. So I honestly do believe that you could actually go anywhere in the UK with an EV

Trouble is, I'd need folks permission to put such info on-line even if I made it password protected. So the best resource really is the EV network so go on guys JOIN IT!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:33 pm

Interestingly got an e-mail from the EV network asking for us to fill in a survey.

You can win a few quids worth of Argos vouchers if you supply a name and E-mail addy, well I did , lets see if they sell it :roll:
They did say they wouldnt BUT...... :evil:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 am

The EV Network http://www.EV-Network.org.uk now has over 100 members spread across the UK who are willing to share their home or business charge point with other members as well as documentating the increasing number of public charge points. Recent growth in public charge points includes 2 shopping centres in Glasgow and over 100 charge points in Leicester.

As such the EV Network is the UK's only one stop shop for charge point information.

timpootle

Postby timpootle » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Yes, you created a wonderful thing there, Tim. Well done! Let's hope it continues to grow, and more people use it, and gradually the public charging points catch up with us!

Keep up the good work!
Tim Crumpton

microman

Postby microman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:53 pm

No EV (apart from an ebike) yet, but I've joined the network and so there's now a point in the rather sparse north east about half way between the Thirsk and Newcastle ones. Still rather long hops, but could be useful. We're conveniently only a mile or so off the A1M

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:57 pm

Ah one of my favourite hotels was there when I used to be inspecting Wilton and Immingham or the rigs on the Tees, sorry I sorta worked for the enemy :wink: . The Tontine very nice indeed

Return to “Links”