AGM 2008 discussion

General BVS related area
marktime

Postby marktime » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:31 am

6. The annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held in May or the first half of June. Notice(s) giving the date, time, venue and agenda shall be posted or delivered to all members not less than 25 days before the date of the meeting. Similar notice shall be given of any Extraordinary meeting of the Society

So the earliest the AGM could be now is the 22nd(ish) May, making the Bank holiday weekend 24th-26th a likely date if the arrangements are made very soon, presumably the 'window' closes at the W/e of the 14th- 15th June. Should we prepare?

MarkTime
Soft as Graphite, Hard as Diamond, Black as Coal & clear as CO2, It's a Carbon thing!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:45 am

That is correct , to my knowledge it has been moved to the 25th of May 2008 @ 4pm at the "Old Milverton Village Hall" where ever that may be :?

There is a flyer that is in everybodies Plugged In which gives the agender etc BUT I wonder if we can say this one is void as well as it dosnt really state the actual address of the AGM :twisted:

Does saying 4pm @ "Old Milverton Village Hall" on Sunday 25th May constitute saying where its being held ?? having said that there is a load of scribblings on the actual flyer with dates crossed out and other such scribblings on there saying "time and venue to be anounced" :roll:

So your guess is as good as mine.

From what I've heard it will be at the same place that it was suppose to be at accept it will be on the 25th instead of the 4th now, while on the 4th there will be a normal committee meeting at the same venue ...............does that make sence :?:

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:14 am

OK we now have the correct version of the "Constitution" with all amendments to the present day 8)

Talk about dynamically changing stuff on the fly today :lol:

Thanks to Mary and JP for getting this to me, not forgetting Neil for the earlier version.

So you can all now look at the most up to date version HERE

Some very interesting points that could be raised regarding breaches by some committee members here.........

2. The objects of the Society shall be:

i. To encourage and assist the development of the electric vehicle

ii. To assists Members with the construction and operation of electric
vehicles by amateurs and professionals, and to advise on purchase of an EV

iii. To disseminate information to members and the general public on all
aspects of the present and potential future of the technology and operation
of Battery Vehicles

Surely trying to block things like "Plugged in" could be considered as a breach :roll:
Thats if they want to get nit picky about the rules :wink:

ChrisB

qdos

Postby qdos » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:15 am

12 b) sums it up really doesn't it?

whatever they say goes. all it needs is 6 people to agree on something and that's it it's done! Hmmm I wonder...... 8)

MaryRCrumpton
Site Staff

Postby MaryRCrumpton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 am

12(b). The majority decision of the committee shall be sufficient to make decisions, obtained with or without the holding of a formal committee meeting.

So, can the committee decide on Sunday that actually, since so many people have turned up, that we should proceed with the AGM as planned?

;-)

The thing is, the calendar on the right hand side of the front page of the main website still states AGM date as this weekend. It is only if you actually click on it, and then only if you scroll down, that you see the note that it might not be happening this weekend after all.

I think perhaps we need to be prepared for a certain amount of AGMness this weekend. And maybe accept that it looks like we are essentially having a two-part AGM split over two dates!

Mary.
BVS North-West Coordinator, based in Manchester.
Contact via Text/Phone on 07751 696 055

electricvehicles

Postby electricvehicles » Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 am

According to some members they are still awaiting their copy of the Plugged In Magazine. Not only does the envelope contain the Brilliant Magazine, it also contains an A4 sheet of paper explaining about the AGM etc.

Looks like we are back to the same issue :?
This 25 Days Notice before the Ilfated AGM is not going to happen for some people :?: :?:
Its only 23 Days before the AGM -- or 2 Days short of the 25 Days notice :wink:

What is going to happen :?:

Grumpy-b

Postby Grumpy-b » Thu May 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Its interesting that there seems to be a split between Online and not online. I joined the BVS, well I had money extracted from my Pay pal account two months ago and despite a few reminders, I have seen nothing pass through my letterbox. Since I dont even get an response from my e-mails I will have to consider a Paypal dispute to at least get my money back, as I personally dont think this is any way to run an organisation.

Grumpy-b (on this occasion aptly named)

electricvehicles

Postby electricvehicles » Thu May 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Grumpy

Just sent you a PM with a contact name and number

qdos

Postby qdos » Thu May 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Grumpy-b wrote:Its interesting that there seems to be a split between Online and not online. I joined the BVS, well I had money extracted from my Pay pal account two months ago and despite a few reminders, I have seen nothing pass through my letterbox. Since I dont even get an response from my e-mails I will have to consider a Paypal dispute to at least get my money back, as I personally dont think this is any way to run an organisation.

If you e-mail me (pluggedineditor@batteryvehiclesociety.org.uk) with your address I'll get a copyof the magazine out to you I agree with your sentiment and we are trying to get people moved so that this does not happen anymore basically we need your votes to change the committee there's a few who are let's just say 'past their sell by date' on there. I've high hopes that a new line up will have this sorted out
Last edited by qdos on Thu May 08, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu May 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Grumpy-b wrote:Its interesting that there seems to be a split between Online and not online. I joined the BVS, well I had money extracted from my Pay pal account two months ago and despite a few reminders, I have seen nothing pass through my letterbox. Since I dont even get an response from my e-mails I will have to consider a Paypal dispute to at least get my money back, as I personally dont think this is any way to run an organisation.

Not again :cry:

Have we managed to fix this highly embarrassing problem ??

I can only apologies :oops:

ChrisB

Return to “General”