New logo anyone?

General BVS related area
MalcolmB

New logo anyone?

Postby MalcolmB » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Don't want to step on others' toes, being a relative newcomer, but does anyone else feel that the BVS logo needs updating? I've sort of grown used to it now, but still feel that for anyone visiting the site and forum for the first time it looks a bit quaint. Maybe I'm overly image-conscious, but branding and image have an undeniable effect nowadays.

What do you think?

I'm no graphic designer myself, but if there is any interest perhaps members with an artistic bent could post ideas here?
Last edited by MalcolmB on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Eggleston

Postby Peter Eggleston » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 am

I have thought this for years and suggested it in the past but nobody seemed interested.
Peter

aminorjourney

Postby aminorjourney » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:34 am

Personallly I couldn't agree more, but the older members are rather protective of it. At the moment we're just fighting to keep the new magazine!
Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield

EVangelist and Media Relations Coordinator, www.ZeroCarbonWorld.org
Host, www.transportevolved.com

http://about.me/aminorjourney/bio

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:34 am

Yes I must admit it has a certain lather elbow patch quality about it :lol:

could we have a design a logo comp on the forum for the more graphicaly minded to post there entry's
Yorkshire isn't just a place, it's a state of mind!

http://www.minievolution.com/

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 am

Could do it though plugged' in and offer a year's free membership 't winner 8)

MalcolmB

Postby MalcolmB » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:28 pm

What's going on here Tes and Nikki? You're all colour-coordinated. It'll be matching anoraks next :P

I just thought it would be good to have a striking logo that we could print on T-shirts and stuff. Something with a historical link perhaps...

electricvehicles

LOGO

Postby electricvehicles » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:01 pm

I must admit it the Logo is looking a bit tired and aged at least the old timers done away with the hyrogliphics :lol:
Why not have a vote on it and perhaps get members to forward their ideas :)

Teslas fag packet

Postby Teslas fag packet » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 pm

What can i say a marriage made in heaven :)

Hey EV don't you mean Ogam script :)

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm

From the experiences I've had with the BVS as a 'Society' I'd suggest the best way if you want a change is to air an opinion about it first and debate that before going anywhere near actually doing anything.

Nikki is correct, the Logo is pretty much cast in stone. That doesn't mean you can't express your opinion on it. My opinion is that it's not very inspiring. It's not something I'd be proud to display on my car but several people do.

I'm currently in the process of designing a logo for a new EV and I've a number of ideas about it but trying to design something which looks good and pleases every one is not an easy task. I'd be interested in what people think a logo should be like for an EV. Of course this is I hasten to add NOT as a replacement for the BVS logo but it would be interesting to maybe see some ideas that might also happen to be suitable for a 'Society'.

ChrisBarron

Postby ChrisBarron » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:16 pm

Off the top of my head......
I don't think there should be sparks on the logo anywhere, if the intention wwas going to be that. The reason being is it might look a little bit like a warning sign.

I like the battery cell diagram in the current(!) design, but it may only be because I understand the symbology.

I wonder if you could justify having the sticker if you changed your source to supercapacitors ? They're not batteries. I know it seems like a hair splitting thing to say, but is there a general objection to having the words electric vehicle in the name of the society, alongside or instead of the word 'battery'. I know that would mean a major change though

Maybe I should just shut up and do the typically British thing, and that is to say that nobody has been offended by the existing logo so perhaps it should just remain !

Return to “General”