New to EV motorbikes

An area for all you bikers who now run your two wheeler on battery power, scooter owners to.
Fat-tony71

Re: New to EV motorbikes

Postby Fat-tony71 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Would have been handy if something had text help me ;). The machining and work on the munch was amazing. I would love to have that kind of chassis. The MeV looks cool. I would want it a bit bigger for cell space, but apart from that it's a great idea.

Daz

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 am

Hi Daz,
Darn it!
Where's my previous reply gone? :evil:

These packs..
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23828 ... ctric.html
Sized 22" x 6" x 8". 60V,50AH and 66lbs(?) each. One fitted would be good for 30 miles max.

I could case all 10 to the sides of the e-trike chassis = 30KWH. With eco radial tyres and a reasonable fairing with its low CDA one should expect a good 600miles range max.

They say it can practically out corner a sports car and is more fun than a bike and track car put together.
No legal requirement to wear a helmet. It's bonkers. However, I would tune its handling to be slower for motorway work. Possibly larger wheels too.

The Race boys are using something called money. Money and professionalism usually go hand in hand. When team Agni raced their first bike, the red was from a few cans of dupli-colour from the garage. Now its well gorgeous in silver and blue.

Beemer

Postby Beemer » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Fat-tony71 wrote:Would have been handy if something had text help me ;). The machining and work on the munch was amazing. I would love to have that kind of chassis. The MeV looks cool. I would want it a bit bigger for cell space, but apart from that it's a great idea.

Daz

Wouldn't it be cool unlimited if the cells were strapped to the outside of the chassis. How many would you like? More so have the mass low, forward and to the sides to improve the front suspension action. you will sit lower so less air resistance. Radial tyres last a long time and have much less rolling resistance. These contribute to longer range on the pack.

I'm a lifelong biker but this has gotta be made!

Return to “Electric Motor Bikes”