Lead Acid Prices

Chat about all things battery in here.
Need to know what type to use or size or capacity then again place your thoughts here
geekygrilli

Lead Acid Prices

Postby geekygrilli » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:38 pm

I've just been phoning around for quotes on some Lead Acid bateries for my car. All the abuse I gave my batteies has lead to a range of just 14 miles :( but to be fair, they've lasted a lot longer than I expected, and I might just keep using them till the are completely shot.

3 years ago I paid £400 for 8 x 110Ah 12v batteries. And from the same group of companies I can get what they describe as 'better' batteries for £500, which isn't too bad; this time last year I would have been paying £800 for the cheapest available.

Just gonna save my pennies now and hope the prices stay low...

dillond666

Postby dillond666 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 am

Those prices sound very cheap, what kind of batteries are you looking at and what companies?

D

geekygrilli

Postby geekygrilli » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:43 am

They're only Leisure type Wet Lead Acid. I don't trust myself with anything more expensive! Hopefully, if I don't abuse them they'll last a long time.

I got the prices from a group of companies known as A1 Motor Stores, see here:- http://www.a1motorstores.co.uk/

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:10 pm

I just bought a couple of 100Ah leisure batteries for a solar project and thought they were cheaper that last time I priced them :D Going back for a couple more before they go back up.

floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

Return to “All things battery related”