106 Accelerator -v- brake pedal position

If you own a Electrique or any of the other PSA range of vehicles then look here for your answers and post your questions or general views here
arsharpe

106 Accelerator -v- brake pedal position

Postby arsharpe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Can anyone indicate if having a very high brake pedal position/low accelerator position is normal.

This makes it difficult to drive as you have to get your shoe down past the brake pedal and baulk head in order to press the accelerator.

The accel seems to give full amount of eco-drive meter deflection ok.

However, the brakes are spungy and require hard work to pull up quickly.

ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 pm

I have noticed this in other small cars, not at all sure if its right mind you, but I have experienced a similar issue on the odd small hire car.

I presume the brakes are servo'd like the Blingo, if not then they will require a fair amount of preasure, thats the trouble with our assisted world we live in of power this, assisted that, go back 25yrs and servo brakes where a luxury and power steer was only for top spec motahs :wink:

Must admit I'd expect the 106 to have a servo :? question is, is it working ?

ChrisB
I reject reality and substitute my own !!!!!!

nino500

Postby nino500 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Yes, That's the same as the normal 106. I can't drive them, And I only have size 9 feet. I think they're designed as a 'ladies' car. If you wear boots, you'll keep hitting the brakes when you want to accelerate, so it's probably lucky the brakes are a bit spongey.

Nino.

arsharpe

Postby arsharpe » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:49 am

Ok, great, thanks guys.

They are server assisted (actually I think it has ABS - not entirely sure).

Have added some strong sponge and the accelerator now has 'platforms', which seems to work quite well.

Next then is to bleed the brakes and see if that makes a difference.

EVan

Postby EVan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 pm

I have size 12 feet and yes, it takes a bit of getting used to. Your foot is behind the brake pedal. But hey, who uses the brake pedal anyway, the car has regen! :D

goochmeister

Postby goochmeister » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:01 pm

I never noticed anything unusuall about mine,maybe I just wasnt paying attention?
GM

chatwindows

Brake pedal position

Postby chatwindows » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Just a thought & this will involve getting your head under the dashboard. Check that the lock nut (if fitted) on the brake pedal push rod is tight. Many years ago I had this come loose on a Land Rover. First the pedal free movement dissapeared, then!!! the push rod fell off & I had no brakes. As it happened I was on a building site & no harm done. It would be a different matter on the road. Remember what Columbo says. "When something unusual happens sir, there's gotta be a reason."
I have no problems with my Blingo, but my wife; who has far smaller feet than I, is always complaining about the pedals.

Return to “Citroen Berlingo Electrique or other PSA vehicles”