Help with thesis idea

General BVS related area
Night Train

Postby Night Train » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm

No problem qdos, it is an issue that needs to be addressed. On my driveway I would need to have a charge point that is away from the house so that the trailing lead doesn't obstruct the path to the front door. I will be installing an underground duct to put the charge point in a safer position. However, if I didn't have a driveway then I wouldn't want a trailing lead across the pavement overnight where I couldn't ensure the safety of pedestrians from the tripping, electricution, vandalism, theft of my electricity, etc.

Maybe the biggest driver for EV's has to be the initial investment in public secure charging facilities first.

I know that if I needed a recharge while on a journey I would be reluctant to wonder the streets knocking on doors looking for someone who would let me plug in for an hour or so. Worse still if it was a semi rural road and there was nothing around.
Also if I found a generous householder, who would be responsible for the H&S of the trailing lead on the pavement?

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:00 pm

night train wrote:Worse still if it was a semi rural road and there was nothing around.

I live in just this sort of locale and it's actually easier to find electricity than it is to find a petrol station these days thanks to Mr Tesco etc. Every village round here used to have their own petrol station and now everyone has shut up shop.

Return to “General”