Panorama: Can We Afford to Fill Up?

General BVS related area
hailstorm

Panorama: Can We Afford to Fill Up?

Postby hailstorm » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 am

Anyone see this on Monday? I have to admit I did get a chuckle out of that the opinion that the current high fuel prices are all the governments fault. It's a shame there no mention of peak oil at all, as that is ultimately what will keep petrol prices going up.

I was a little disappointed that they chose the Gwiz as an example of an electric car. No doubt there are plenty of people happy getting about in a Gwiz but I'd rather have seen something that was more on par with your average type of car.

qdos

Postby qdos » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:41 pm

It's available to watch still on iPlayer

The Gwiz is the best selling electric car that's why it was used. At the moment there isn't an affordable EV of the likes you describe but they are gradually getting there. Both NICE and The Quiet Car Company have small family hatch sized vehicles at a reasonable price for sale at teh moment and were displaying them at the Motor Show at Excel. They did also show the Lightning at the show on the Panorama episode

floydster
Site Staff

Postby floydster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:09 pm

Thought is was just more of the same old stuff that's everywhere at the moment; as well as Martin Lewis telling how to switch electricity and gas suppliers :roll:

Floydster
I know I'm in my own world - it's OK, they know me here.

dargles

Postby dargles » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:30 pm

qdos wrote:It's available to watch still on iPlayer
... They did also show the Lightning at the show on the Panorama episode

Hi, Qdos. I just watched the Panorama episode right through and didn't notice the Lightning. I guess I blinked! Where did it come up in the episode?
Regards, David

qdos

Postby qdos » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:18 am

LOL sorry I can't actually remember at what point in the show it was but it was a bit of a Blink and it's gone, bit like lightening really :wink:

However to save you trolling all the way through Panorama again here's Danny's report on the unveiling at Excel

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aKEijlYSm0U

dargles

Postby dargles » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:57 pm

qdos wrote:... here's Danny's report on the unveiling at Excel...

Thanks, Qdos. There's several YouTube videos there now - about as close as I'm ever likely to get to a Lightning! Nice car though... 8)

Regards, David

Return to “General”